Thread: Car alarm with Remote starter on Manual Transmission

Thanks

Question Car alarm with Remote starter on Manual Transmission

Hello,

Anyone has a suggestion for manual transmission? I saw these alarms at BestBuy / Futureshop where you can remote start your car using your cell phone, with bidirectional alarm notifications. I have to say I like the idea, but it doesn't seem to work on manual transmission.

Any suggestion for a manual K13?

Thanks,

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I probably wouldn't let a Best Buy or Futureshop tech near my vehicle. They don't specialize in that kind of work, and you may well end up getting a juniour tech gutting your Micra with no knowledge how to fix things. I'd probably go with a company that specializes in installation of car alarms, starters, and audio systems.

You should ask around an Ottawa car forum as to where the best place to get installations done. You may also want to find out from your dealer what parts of your warranty you're voiding by adding a starter.

Using Google, Derand Motorsports in Ottawa state their manual-capbable starters start at $250; they're model page indicates they have a Viper alarm that deals with manual transmissions. I'll leave it to you to research if they're a competent and honest installers.

I hope any auto-starter only works with the tranmission in neutral and the park brake engaged; I'd hate to see the car auto-start with the car in gear

Thanks
    ;-) Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, if properly installed, that's how it's supposed to work (sensor on neutral).

Anybody has experience with the Viper alarm?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I just did a ProStart and used Xpresskit to bypass the NATS
    Viper is almost the same as ProStart

Trying to figure out how to get the windows to roll up when lock is pressed for more then 3 sec. and defogger ON(with switch) when remote start MODULE comes online.

The manual says you can roll up and down the windows with the unlock and lock buttons pressed for more then 3 sec. I know its a wire hooked up to aux 1 and 2 but needs to be programmed some how. also I want to get the horn hooked up so when the LOCK is press twice the honk beeps.

Viper has a status/defogger wire where as ProStart does not or labeled it differently and calls it something else.

I think ProStart is not Canadian cold worthy
    Last edited by jgoedhard; 10-11-2015 at 11:28 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    By pass modules are a big ussue. Forten and idatalink both horiable ****ty quebec based companies. They sell you some basic stuff for example evo-key 60bucks which is 'might need to be programmed prior to use' so programmer is also needed for another 50 bucks. Plus they charge you ups shipping rates to western Canada as they ship it around a world twice! I will buy dball2 and I will stay away from those crooks!

Thanks
    There are special procedure how to leave vehicle for manual transmission. On viper remote you keep engine running, put hand brake, push start button, remove ignition key and when you close your door vehicle engine shuts off and system armed. - very logical.

Thanks
    Dball2 is on clearance at CanadianTire for half price to make way for dball3

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...