Thread: Rumour mill: Micra NISMO dealer package coming

Thanks

Rumour mill: Micra NISMO dealer package coming

Name:  micra-nismo.jpg
Views: 3772
Size:  33.5 KB

Brendan McAleer is a freelance Canadian auto writer who recently spent time in Japan sampling Nissan's NISMO family, including the March (JDM Micra), which he described thusly:

The Micra is already a fun little boogerball, so infusing in some of that race-day DNA is surely going to create a masterpiece. ... And it has! ... I chuck the car into the first slippery turn and it responds with puppy-dog enthusiasm. Whee! ... After one lap I’m already plotting a way to sneak this little tyke home in my carry-on luggage.
    The NISMO exposure prompted him to ask if Nissan had any plans to offer a similar model here. The reply...

Name:  micra-nismo2.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  25.9 KB

COO Motohiro Matsumura responded in the affirmative, indicating that if the demand was there, Nissan would respond. However ... some of the Nismo aerodynamic trim wouldn’t be a direct swap. More likely, suspension and engine tuning accessories would be made available as dealer add-ons.
    Source: http://driving.ca/nissan/370z/review...e-nismo-racers

McAleer has driven the Canadian market Micra too, including a recent review of the base S (which he counts among his "top 10" rides of the year).

In that article he makes the NISMO/dealership connection:

[Nissan] execs indicated that while a standalone Nismo version wasn’t particularly likely for Canada, a full dealer-installed package (i.e. not just lowering springs) might well be on the way.
    Source: http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/...micra-s/?all=1

So in addition to lowering what might it include? A look at the JDM NISMO March and the Nissan Coupe Micra Cup race car is instructive. Probably...

• Lowering springs
    • Wheels
    • Exhaust
    • Intake
    • Seats

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    The next Micra I buy will have to be a turbo.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I've tried to get the Nismo exhaust, no luck so far.