Thread: Turbo 1.6L Micra (March) HR16DE

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Turbo 1.6L Micra (March) HR16DE

Our Greek friends have been up to some fun with their Nissan 1.6L engines. It looks like a turbo kit has been developed by a company over there. It looks quite pretty too!

The dyno numbers show a fair increase in power considering the modest boost added to the engine, only .3 bar (4.4 psi).

Stock:
    119 bhp
    79.4 whp (wheel horse power)
    109 ft/lbs (148 nm)

Turbocharged:
    149 bhp
    101 whp
    146 ft/lbs (198 nm)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hmm kinda reminds me of my old 1985 Innocenti DeTomaso Turbo, it was a little turbo'd 993cc that went like a bat out of hell.
    Mine was way better looking in red
    I would really like a small boost turbo for my 92 civic VX like the Civic D15 3-STAGE VTEC TURBO
    Last edited by WD40; 02-26-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    I imagine this would void the warranty, but if you warranty was about to expire in a couple of years, or you are a gambler, it'd be an interesting project. Buy the Nismo body kit, and you'd have a real Micra Nismo. I wonder how much the kit would cost here?

Thanks
    Oh for sure.. Even at 4.4 lbs your warranty would be toast. I believe the onus is on them to prove it, but raising the compression of an engine would make it pretty easy to make up something.

The issue I would have to figure out for adding a turbo to the HR would be physical space. There isnt a lot of free space in the micra...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...