Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What ever you do...

Thanks
    Ask Dani's neighbour!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It's no me, it's the lady living in front of me. She got some Bridgestone on her Micra, not sure which one she has. They seem to have more than enough thread, looking rather new, but I call these ''Teflon tires''...She got stuck everywhere in an inch of snow.

You might get away with cheaper tires if you live in a place where the conditions does not deteriorate like here in Quebec, or if you drive a heavier car but with such light weight car as the Micra, I would not bet on it. You might not have any problem, or you might kill yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I've had great luck with less expensive snow tires myself. I had a great set of General Altimax Artics on my 03 Matrix and that worked very well and were pretty inexpensive. The current set I'm using is a Pirelli Winter Snowcontrol Serie II, also a pretty inexpensive tire that is working very good.

What tires have you guys had bad experiences with?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo micra View Post
    does it switch on/off easily while driving, or is it a painful length of time to hold the button in? Guess I could just wait until Saturday to find out for myself, this has been the longest week ever!!
    It's instant. Press it, and stability control is off. It may not turn off when it's active, but I didn't test that on the Micra. That's how it worked on my Grand Am GT.

The trade-off with the light weight is less mass, so I think the Micra does much better on ice than heavier vehicles. It does have to work harder in deep snow, but is very competent.

Here's the video from yesterday's big storm:

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    That minivan probably have bad tires on and this again show the difference it all make with good tires. There is almost nothing on the road and he get stuck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Make no mistake, this was some pretty greasy stuff to drive through, even with really good snow tires my traction and stability control helped out a lot. Looks like the cabbie had snows on his larger, heavier car, and even he had some trouble.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The tires you got have a very good reputation for gripping to ice, I guess that did a lot in your situation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    She got some Bridgestone on her Micra, not sure which one she has. They seem to have more than enough thread, looking rather new, but I call these ''Teflon tires''...She got stuck everywhere in an inch of snow.
    Here's a "teflon tire" video that proves even AWD is useless if you don't have decent tires... and if you don't know how to drive.

(Vulgar language warning! The idiot driver becomes SUPER RIDICULOUSLY frustrated & angry.)

Angry Jeep Man stuck in Snow:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (12-17-2014)