Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any exterior differences between the Micra SV and S?

Thanks

Any exterior differences between the Micra SV and S?

I was looking through our Micra Garage, and noticed a few people didn't say which trim they had.

The SR is easy to identify.

But is there any way to tell an SV from an S just from a photo of the outside?

The backup camera wart on the hatch would mean SV, but what about front/side views?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    OH, wait... mirror caps & door handles are black on the S instead of body colour?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Backup camera wart is a convenience package item, which may be available on any trim as far as I know.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    All I know is with both the S and the SV you can see the frame under the doors and that looks unfinished. If I had an SV, I would definitly get the bottom skirt to hide this frame. I don't see any difference between the S and SV beside the color of the mirrors and handles. I think it looks nicer with the black mirrors and handles.

This is what you gain with the SV over the S version..

Features:

Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System[*]
    Power windows and door locks
    Integrated Key with remote keyless entry and panic alarm
    Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls
    Last edited by dani3d; 12-02-2014 at 06:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    All I know is with both the S and the SV you can see the frame under the doors and that looks unfinished. If I had an SV, I would definitly get the bottom skirt to hide this frame.
    Not for me! The exposed underbody of the rockers makes proper rust-proofing easy! There's plenty of access to get the Rust-check spray with the red nozzle attachment inside of the rocker to provide generous rocker rust-proofing from the inside out. If I had a bottom skirt, it would probably get in the way.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ^ That's actually a good point. I can think of a couple of cars that unintentionally "hid" rust problems underneath rocker skirts. Though I prefer the appearance of the skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    I think it looks nicer with the black mirrors and handles.
    I think it depends on the colour of the car.

I just realized I could have answered my original question by looking at the SV and S Micras that I borrowed for the manual vs. automatic fuel consumption comparison back in September:

Micra SV automatic (left) and Micra S 5-speed manual (right).

The only thing you have to watch for is any car can be dressed up with the dealer options for "personalized" mirror caps & handles.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Also just noticed: B-pillar blackout!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Also just noticed: B-pillar blackout!
    yes!! weird that it would be the satin black colour like the handles on the sv trim... however i think this is due to the euro market where i have seen appliques for the b pillar ranging from orange to carbon fibre as well as trim for the vents etc... just cannot find the site where I saw them ( i do know it was an official nissan site )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    oh my..It's the first time I notice this and I thought I had a good sense for observation! lol! When I was looking at white S car I was wondering what was it that make it look different from my car but now I see it, the totally white care vs the black trim on the windows, that really change the look.

Strange that they put the black pillar on the car with the painted mirror and handle, and they put the painted pillar on the car with the black mirror and handle. just wierd.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Dammit, looks like the S is a lot closer to my original Micra than I thought...
    Name:  Pict0007a.jpg
Views: 3011
Size:  50.5 KB
    ...maybe I'll need to buy a second Micra?