Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Micra in the snow & ice -- how does it drive / handle?

Thanks
    The first day I had my car was on December 12th 2014 the day after the "snowstorm" in Toronto. With the stock Dunlop Sport All Season tires, I didn't find the car that hard to drive on snow and ice.

I now have Dunlop Wintermaxx tires mounted on my Factory 16" Alloys (there's also a $60 MIR for them right now). They are noticeably "grippier" than the stock all seasons and definitely stop better. Provided you don't drive like an idiot, the Micra handles well enough in the snow. I had no problems going on Don Mills Road Southbound down into the Don Valley and up into East York during that first "snowstorm" we had in December.

Thanks
    The more we get into winter and the more I appreciate the Micra. The roads here in my city are full of patches of ice 1 inch thick or more. It's nearly impossible to break at some stop sign. But when turning and accelarating on these streets with the Micra I can feel my car is very stable. Of course when it's icy the car won't stop as well, but if it slide, it slide straight and keep on track. The roads are so bad right now that I can see my stability light turn ON many times per day on these roads. I can hear the ABS often as well. I have very good snow tires, but the Micra does its part and it does much better than I was expecting it would do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My silver bubble kept me warm, entertained, and safe today during some challenging driving conditions. Got to love stability control in our Micra's, bet this Toyota driver wished he had it today.

Name:  oopsieecho.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  45.4 KB

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thank God I avoided the 401 today. That Scarborough to Whitby stretch is a nightmare.

Thanks
    Ramona was a champ on the hills in Peterborough on the way home tonight. The traction control paired with the Toyo tyres I have work great!

Thanks
    Me and my Micra were among the few who made it to the shop this morning for the Monday morning meeting. Even my partner with his Ford Explorer was too scared, but my Micra is fearless. Name:  WP_20150202_003.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  96.3 KB

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20150202_094303.jpg
Views: 1528
Size:  88.5 KB here is a shot of the moron that caused the backup on west bound 401 Express from just before Keele to Yonge street taken from my Micra that had no problems in today's road conditions. That also included going down to the DVP on Don Mills and O'Connor where they were reporting people in ditches this morning.

Thanks
    Another day of more than enough grip in the micra through the hills of Peterborough. Same can't be said for a lot of people without winter tyres sitting in intersections polishing the ice...

Thanks
    Same in Toronto. No pictures of dumb drivers today but I did notice a ricer in a Toyota Celica on the side of the 401 still sporting his 18" rims (looked like Enkeis) and low profile tires... Couldn't make out why he was pulled over but still...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neovision1981 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20150202_094303.jpg
Views: 1528
Size:  88.5 KB here is a shot of the moron that caused the backup
    What is that? Old Buick?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...