Thread: adding a cabin air filter (no filter present from the factory)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

adding a cabin air filter (no filter present from the factory)

So I had some free time this afternoon, I decided to take a look at the glove box (planning a light mod) and check out the in cabin air filter. I popped the cover off the place where the in cabin air filter lives, and found that it's EMPTY!

Name:  WP_20141114_001.jpg
Views: 13042
Size:  100.4 KB

I called up the dealership, and they advised me that no early production Canadian Micra's come with an in-cabin air filter, and that the manuals are generic.

See for yourself if this is the case. Meanwhile, I'm going be busy sourcing a suitable aftermarket filter.

---

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimicra68 View Post
    ...you can install a Fram part# CF 10709 or a champion # caf1820p. Actaully the inside dimension are 8 "3/4 x 8 ". You have to compess it to fit it threw the 5 " opening
    See post #9.
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 12-23-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added Jimicra68's part numbers quote

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...