Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: adding a cabin air filter (no filter present from the factory)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapoil View Post
    Right on! And the cover is black, not white on the 2015-2016 Micra
    Correct

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 Micra S cabin air filter is also missing from the factory?!

I just checked my 2015 Micra S (purchased in June 2015) for the cabin air filter and discovered the chamber empty.
    Called my dealer (where the car was purchased) and spoke to the General Manager about this missing filter. He is going to call me back after "checking a few things" because he had never heard of this problem. I mentioned this thread and this forum as a reference.

I hope it is a 'no hassle'/no charge filter install and the dealer does the right thing because I bought a car with a cabin air filter from the factory???!!!.

I hope Nissan Canada is not hiding/avoiding this issue believing it will disappear when the cars are serviced at 24 000 kms and new filters are installed into cabin air filter chambers left empty from the factory.

At $30.00 each x 7000 Micra cars (approximate # sold in Canada since 2014, see this forum for data) = a lot of money... .

P.S.: Kitchener Nissan parts department quote for cabin air filter on 15 July 2015: Part #: 27278-1KK0A, $29.07
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    Correct

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Micra Man 2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-15-2016)

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum Micra Man. Keep us posted on what you hear back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimicra68 View Post
    Hi Alpha,
    The cabin filter for are Micra is not available from nissan , but you can install a Fram part# CF 10709 or a champion # caf1820p. Actaully the inside dimension are 8 "3/4 x 8 ". You have to compess it to fit it threw the 5 " opening . Here is a picture of inside the box. Hope this help.Attachment 883

after delaying and delaying...i have finally decided to buy a cabin filter

assuming what you say re: the dimensions of our cabin filter is correct....your measurements of 8.75 by 8inch translates to 22.225 by 20.32cm

the closest i could find to those dimensions is:
    https://www.amazon.ca/CF10285-Fresh-...S7NBCQG2RE3RXH

CF10285

22.9 x 5.1 x 20.3 cm

now according to amazon, it warns me that my micra doesnt fit.
    but in the coming days, i think i will bite the bullet and order it nonetheless.

Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    Bought an in cabin filter made for the Micra today at Nissan, part # 27277-1HDOB and it was super easy to install.

Thanks
    Just replaced the old filter I fitted from the Tida, It seemed to do a rather good job, but when I saw the original part I realized It was nothing like it. I'm pretty sure there was at least a 4 cm gap that was not being covered by the old mod, now the air coming from the vents is considerably softer. Pics below.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  10.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 2064
Size:  15.4 KB

Thanks
    This is the one I ordered off eBay, came to about $25 CDN shipped from Latvia. Probably cheaper options out there, but this fit perfectly. It was literally a 90 second install, hardest part was finding a graceful way to contort my body so I could see underneath the glovebox.

Just lift the bottom of the black "J" shaped filter box cover and pull down and to the right, and it pops right off. Bend the the top and bottom of the filter slightly to make it rounded so it'll fit into the slot, shove it in and as someone mentioned bounces back to its original shape. Replace cover and you're done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    So I had some free time this afternoon, I decided to take a look at the glove box (planning a light mod) and check out the in cabin air filter. I popped the cover off the place where the in cabin air filter lives, and found that it's EMPTY!
    How many screws did you have to remove to get the glove box out? I looked into it this afternoon and one of the screw wouldn't come out even if it felt like it wasn't attached to anything. I also saw two hidden screw on the bottom, do they need to me removed as well?

I could only find tutorials for the European Micras, is it the same design to get to the filter?

Thanks
    After careful research I bought a filter off ebay for about 3 dollars I think it was for a yaris. When I put it in it slipped towards the interior of the car (back of car) into the void/empty cavity. After finally , luckily retrieving it I decided to leave it out. If the filter had been bigger it would not do this as easily. Just Fyi.....
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    ^^ After careful research you bought a filter that doesn't fit? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    How many screws did you have to remove to get the glove box out? I looked into it this afternoon and one of the screw wouldn't come out even if it felt like it wasn't attached to anything. I also saw two hidden screw on the bottom, do they need to me removed as well?

I could only find tutorials for the European Micras, is it the same design to get to the filter?
    You don't need to remove the glovebox to get to the filter. Just unclip and remove the plastic cover that can be found underneath the glovebox towards the firewall of of the car.

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV