Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convenience package head unit aggravations!

Thanks
    Interesting, mine does not look washed out in direct sunlight. In fact it is a little dim except in direct sunlight. Maybe there is an adjustment for brightness and your is set too bright? Mine just look a bit dark in normal light and I would actualy like to have it brighter.

So if you want to fit a smaller radio in there you have to buy another faceplate? How do you fit it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Interesting, mine does not look washed out in direct sunlight. In fact it is a little dim except in direct sunlight. Maybe there is an adjustment for brightness and your is set too bright? Mine just look a bit dark in normal light and I would actualy like to have it brighter.
    It's worse when I wear sunglasses. I also noticed when it gets wet in the snow or rain, the image is too fuzzy; I have to go out and wipe off the lens to make it usable again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    So if you want to fit a smaller radio in there you have to buy another faceplate? How do you fit it?
    Something like this may work for the Micra (it's for the Juke and Versa):

Name:  61xaFrSBRRL._SX450_.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  16.0 KB

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004...=renewtopia-20

It might look something like this:

Name:  deck1.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  74.0 KB

I may yet decide to replace the head unit with a full DIN that retains the use of the backup camera, because it's occasionally useful. However, I'll give Nissan some time to see if they'll issue a firmware update, and the speakers need to be upgraded first.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    No problems with my blackberry.. lolz. .
    Good to know, I tested my walkman and a USB stick with a testdrive but not my Q5, the walkman can switch in and out of MTP mode and I believe BB10 is the same.

Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18