Thread: help with my micra?

Thanks

help with my micra?

update: i'm not sure how to even add pictures here. so let me try to explain what i'm talking about. my micra in the back on the top of the windshield where there's a break light and a little lip, mine is basically flat and in line with the windshield. but i've seen ones where it's like a raised lip and it comes out further than the windshield, think almost like a little cover over the windshield. that's what i'm looking to get. but it's hard to find parts for the micra at least for me.
    i think it's called a spoiler after looking further on here !
    hi i'm new here not sure if anyone's even active here anymore but worth a shot. i got my 2017 micra sv almost a year ago now. her name is maryjane. i'm really new to cars and i'm not very good with names or mods or anything like that yet (i'm also a female so it's harder when men would rather do than teach) anyways i'm looking to add one of these rear wing things mine looks like just the flat one and i'd like a more out one if that makes sense lmao. also i wanna know if there's any easy mods or anything you've done to your micra to make it look cooler. thanks in advance guys.

Thanks
    First thing i done to mine was a set of rims and tires,

I’m also new to micra so mods are not my strong points.

And welcome to the forum

Thanks
    The rear spoilers are usually available on like ebay or aliexpress. They're typically about 100-150 bucks depending on where you look.

Thanks
    Are you referring to the black rear spoiler of the Micra SR? On the SR, there is an added spoiler over the white one, and it's black and includes the brake light. If that's what you want, you can contact any Nissan dealer and buy it and they will install it for you.
    I have seen some really cool rear spoiler but it was from Japan and cost a fortune to order. I gave up. I have the SR so I do have the black spoiler.

This is the spoiler I am talking about from Japan :

Name:  micraSpoiler.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  60.1 KB

And this is mine, stock from Nissan on the SR :

Name:  rear.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  50.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    They also come in the same color at the car, not just black.

Thanks
    Any exemple ? I have never seen it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I got my rear spoiler from a junk yard and paid about $100 I think. The earlier SR's had color matched spoilers, where the newer ones were all black. Call around a few junk yards. Most of them are networked and able to bring things in from other yards. Just a side note. There are square holes that need to be drilled and filed out in the hatch to install a factory SR spoiler. I installed mine myself, but just be aware if you're looking for one. I'm not sure how the aftermarket ones attach.
    There's another thread here: https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...t-Rear-Spoiler
    Last edited by Richard; 10-24-2022 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Any exemple ? I have never seen it.
    Look at my profile to see my car. It's an SV and that's the one that came as an upgraded package. It's the nicer one too, as there is a not as nice one with no brake light but instead a cut out to see the original brake light.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm not sure how the aftermarket ones attach.
    There's another thread here: https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...t-Rear-Spoiler
    The cheap aftermarket ones have one screw hole at each end, meaning you have the option to drill 2 holes into the hatch. For mine, I used 3m tape all around the contact patch of the spoiler and used polyeurethane along the center for extra adhesion. Been two summers with no signs of lifting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miklo View Post
    Look at my profile to see my car. It's an SV and that's the one that came as an upgraded package. It's the nicer one too, as there is a not as nice one with no brake light but instead a cut out to see the original brake light.
    Cool! It's the first time I see it. Although not sure what it would have looked like with my white car. Maybe black is best for me.