Thread: How much KM do you get on a full full full tank !

Thanks

Question How much KM do you get on a full full full tank !

Since a week, i'm asking my self what's the magic number. Is it 425km of 450 or even 500km ?

Thanks
    That depends way too much on your driving situations and style. Heavy on the gas pedal and you will not do as much. It's easy to calculate though, 41 liter X your Km/liter. So far I am getting 13.6 km/l doing mostly city, so for me it's 557 km with a full tank to empty, give or take.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Another way to do it is to use the Micra's L/100km gauge, making sure to account for it's apparent .5L/100km error (ie; add 0.5L/100km to what it's reading). If you are getting 6.4L/100km using a 41L tank, you would use a formula as such: 41L/6.4L*100km=640.625km. I don't recommend putting this to the test, as running a tank to empty has been known to cause fuel pumps to burn out, which is why when you run it to "Gauge Empty" there's still around 5L of fuel left in the tank.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    I don't recommend putting this to the test, as running a tank to empty has been known to cause fuel pumps to burn out, which is why when you run it to "Gauge Empty" there's still around 5L of fuel left in the tank.
    You're right, it's dangerous to do. And this is why fuelly.com is so usefull to determine your own milleage with a tank. You don't have to wait until you're almost out of gas, nothing like that. You can add each one of your fillup and enter your current milleage, then you will know exactly what you are doing. Fuelly and a good record keeping of your fillups is the best way to know. It's also free.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...