Thread: Reprogramming Micra's computer to change fuel gauge feature?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Reprogramming Micra's computer to change fuel gauge feature?

Is there any way either nissan or a person can access the micra's on board computer and change the program so that when you're low on gas the "km left until empty" doesnt disappear just flash? Make it so that it just keeps displaying the number of km's you have left to go! Just a random thought.

Thanks
    It does the same thing in my '09 Pontiac Torrent; after a certain level, it stops displaying the distance and just shows the low fuel warning. I don't think this feature is terribly accurate anyway; it's entirely possible that the fuel gauge isn't accurate enough, and the computer just doesn't have enough information to accurately count down each and every kilometer until empty. Having the ability to reprogram the computer sounds like a great idea, though. It'd be cool if we could reprogram it to add features, like to display OBDII codes and engine temperature.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Its definitely not accurate that's for sure! For me though I'd rather see a rough ball number than 4 flashing lines! That would be super cool if it could be reprogrammed to show other information to some extent! I'm not to computer savvy but I can't see why not! In the end its a computer reading a coded program! But who knows!

Thanks
    The reason it does not count down every km is simply that Nissan doesn't want to hear from every whiner that runs out of gas even though his dash told him he's got 1.5km left in the tank.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Actually, I found the range estimator to be very conservative, but I could imagine someone complaining that it indicated 0km left while there was fuel still in the tank, and would insist that there must be some kind of defect in the fuel gauge.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hell, I dont mind if it flashes if it doesn't know, I want it re calibrated. I find the top of the tank lasts forever then the guage starts to fall, then it vanishes really quickly at about 1/2 tank and below.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I actually think that's pretty typical (slow top half of the gauge, fast bottom half) -- every car I've had has done the same thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Exactly, so lets fix it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...