Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth and USB

Thanks

Bluetooth and USB

Hi there. I just got an SR. Loving it, I'm commuting around 1 hour each way, probably half on the highway. Everything OK so far, we'll see during Winter, specially when I drove a 4WD SUV for more than a decade. Anyway, do you know if I can listen to music from the bluetooth or USB, from my cellphone (Android, HTC One M8)?. Phone is working fine on bluetooth, and I connected using USB, but it doesn't recognize it. AUX is fine. Thanks.

Thanks
    Bluetooth is phone only, USB port only works with "Simple" things like USB sticks and Apple iPods.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks. Well, you can't win it all!...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If your audio cant read usb stick, Formatting usb by FAT32.. I try serveral usb stick and found out only fommating FAT32 type work..

Thanks
    Frustrating when that happens, welcome

Thanks
    Not only Ipod, it works fine with the Iphone. When I plug my Iphone to the USB, the music immediatly starts where it had left off before, even if it was 3 days ago.

When a phone call comes in while I am listening to the music, the music cut off and I hear the phone ring, then when I hang up the phone the music resume where it left. I control the track, the volume, play and pause with the buttons on the stearing wheel.

I love this system, great with my Iphone. Dunno about other phones but Iphone is great with it.

And bluetooth is phone only, even with the Iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Bluetooth is phone only, USB port only works with "Simple" things like USB sticks and Apple iPods.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Not only Ipod, it works fine with the Iphone. When I plug my Iphone to the USB, the music immediatly starts where it had left off before, even if it was 3 days ago.

When a phone call comes in while I am listening to the music, the music cut off and I hear the phone ring, then when I hang up the phone the music resume where it left. I control the track, the volume, play and pause with the buttons on the stearing wheel.

I love this system, great with my Iphone. Dunno about other phones but Iphone is great with it.

And bluetooth is phone only, even with the Iphone.
    iPhone is simple too. If I load my music onto a cheap USB thumb drive and play it, then remove the thumb drive for three days then put it back in, it starts where I left off. Steering wheel controls also work the same. It just doesn't pause during telephone calls.

If I didn't know what I do about Apple, I'd probably just get an iPod or iPhone.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That's really anoying. I am just glad I got an Iphone, no problem at all with it. I did a jailbreak on it so I can use a lot more softwares with it and customize it how I like. I am not limited to what Apple want me to do with it.

May be simple, but everything always seem to work just right with the Iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    It just doesn't pause during telephone calls.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have a 'S' model so I dont get any of the fancy items, but on the neighbours SV, the Blackberry Q5 doesnt seem to have a problem hooking up to it. It will stream audio through the bluetooth-however..

The quality of the stream is junk. Sounds like its underwater. I plug it into AUX using a 3.5mm cable and its fine. Bluetooth headphones and the q5 are pristine. So kind of seconding what AM is saying. Bluetooth is pretty much phone only and its likely a fluke that the Q5 streamed to it in the first place.

Nowadays you can get a 64gb thumbdrive for cheap.. THis is the one I use..

http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/

Cool part is that its so tiny when its plugged in, its hardly noticeable, the only glitch I had was that I had to format it FAT32 like Dan said.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-...VhOvfwdd3SQjSw

$23 bucks before the taxman gets ya for 16gb..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes but if it does not stop when there is an incoming call, it's anoying. What happen then? you hear both the music and the call on the car speakers?