Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next-generation Nissan Micra (K14) confirmed for 2016

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Next-generation Nissan Micra (K14) confirmed for 2016

Name:  Nissan-Micra-1.jpg
Views: 4079
Size:  42.9 KB

Yep, its already on its way. So many questions though...

The next-generation Nissan Micra will launch in late 2016, the Renault Nissan Alliance has announced.

Nissan Australia corporate communications supervisor Chris Jordan told CarAdvice the updated Micra is still headed our way, but will not make it to local showrooms until sometime in 2015.
    Full article: http://www.caradvice.com.au/308342/n...rmed-for-2016/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-15-2014)

Thanks
    Interesting!

With the current Mexican-built K13 having just arrived here, I wonder if they'll continue producing the current K13 even after K14 production starts in Europe. Nissan has some history of doing this to be able to keep offering a cheaper model (Sentra comes to mind).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My guess is that Canada would be one of the last to get the new Micra. Seems to be the way most OEMs release cars.

Thanks
    I'm guessing we'll see a few "spy shots" of the next Micra this year...

Sources have also informed IAB that the first prototypes of the new Micra have been built
    From: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/01/n...details-163326

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'm guessing we'll see a few "spy shots" of the next Micra this year...

From: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/01/n...details-163326
    Interesting. One thing that worries me is ''Micra will be re-positioned for wider market appeal'' This is usually code for bigger, heavier, more ''vanilla'' styling (or less cheeky if you prefer) and higher price. The author did state that he thinks the Micra ''Active'' see pic, might be in fact the ''re- positioning'' though.

I like the front end treatment on this ''Active'' model better than our NA version.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Interesting: that's the pre-facelift Micra's headlights with a different lower grille/fascia.

Thanks
    Got thinking about the new Micra again and re- read a few more of the old articles...like the Indian article linked above, this UK one has me a little worried, specifically the lines ''however it won't be a car that's cute'' and ''it will be a car that can sit beside the VW Polo (Golf), Ford Fiesta..something the Versa does now''

The VW is a nice looking car (if you want the grown-up stylins'), but the Fiesta and new Versa hurt my eyes (older Versa was blah, but at least it didn't make your eyes bleed) So, anyway, this further stokes my fears that they are going to homogenize the styling or sand off all the character if you will.

Casting around for a few pics I came across another 'shop pic I like, this time tweaking the Twingo III...man that is a neat looking car (and rear wheel drive puts it in the instant buy category for me) sadly we won't see this car over here, other than in it's less appealing ''Smart For Four'' version.

What direction do you guys think they will or should go with the style?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-17-2015)

Thanks
    Good find on that UK article.

So basically they're saying: in the future the Note will get larger (more MPV like), so the Micra will expand to fill its shoes with more "grown up" (read: boring) styling.

I think there's a good chance we'll continue to get the Mexican-made K13, well after K14 production begins. Nissan has a history of continuing to build & sell "old" models alongside new ones. (You can still buy a brand new 90's era Sentra in Mexico. )

Thanks
    It has been mentioned that various markets will get different styles, I took this to mean that we might just get a different ''new'' model... never knew Nissan kept manufacturing older styles in some markets. Interesting.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    2015 Nissan Tsuru (Sentra)

Name:  img3.jpg
Views: 4395
Size:  39.3 KB

Blast from the past!

http://www.nissan.com.mx/tsuru/