Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Micra Race Series -- Coupe Micra Cup

Thanks
    Guess who also ran..... Jim Kenzie from motoring. He was real friendly and funny. He didn't qualify last , he made a pass or two and ended up third last on Saturday. Best of all he looked like he had a lot of fun.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Did you just call Kenzie an "also ran"?

I met him about a million years ago at Shannonville and he was a nice guy back then, too.

So that means the Micra Cup will probably get coverage in the Toronto Star Wheels section in the next week or so, and/or on Motoring TV.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    [QUOTE=MetroMPG;8246]Did you just call Kenzie an "also ran"?

Yeah him and I are pretty tight now... I'm sure he would be fine with it

Thanks

Micra Cup expanding beyond Canada?

Strange: I didn't see any print/web coverage by Kenzie yet. Maybe it was just for the Motoring show? I don't usually see it.

----

Discovered a 2-part series about the background of the Coupe Micra Cup:

Behind the Nissan Micra Cup: Part 1

Background of the Quebec series, with this interesting tidbit about possible expansion:

Still in its infancy, the Micra Cup has caught the attention of many outside of Canada. Sure, Nissan shares its stories and race results with its global media, but what got Cox most excited was the level of interest it has already garnered within the European and South American markets for their own series. To those interested, Cox emphatically says “Watch this space!”
    Full article: http://www.theautonet.com/en/2015/08...ren-cox-part-1

Behind the Nissan Micra Cup: Part 2

This part describes the connection between Nissan's GT Academy race driver development series and the Micra Cup.

Full article: http://www.theautonet.com/en/2015/09...cra-cup-part-2

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-03-2015)

Thanks

Nissan Micra Cup Champion Awarded Presigious Gilles Villeneuve Trophy

Montréal, Québec (October 28, 2015) – Last night, Olivier Bédard, the 18-year-old Québec driver and 2015 Nissan Micra Cup champion, was awarded the Gilles-Villeneuve Trophy.

Each year, a committee of experts (drivers, journalists, celebrities) select the winner of the Gilles-Villeneuve Trophy. The 2015 winner, Olivier Bédard, follows in the footsteps of other drivers who have marked the history of Canadian motorsport, including Patrick Carpentier (1994), Alexandre Tagliani (1996), Andrew Ranger (2002) and many others.
    Read the full article at: http://www.insidetracknews.com/news/...ve-trophy.html

Thanks

2016 Coupe Micra Cup schedule coming soon

The Nissan Micra Cup will return to the track next year. Officials are currently finalizing the calendar of events, which will be announced later this year.
    (From the above-linked article.)

Thanks
    Olivier Bédard must be so happy considering that Gilles Villeneuve is his favorite driver and the trophy was presented by his brother Jacques. Olivier Bédard will return next season to defend his title and sponsorship talks are ongoing and this will only add fuel to that. I have previously mentioned that this kid won this thing with a small family team and not much so it will be interesting to see how his racing career proceeds over the next 3 to 5 years.

Thanks

fun Micra Cup article from autos.ca

I hadn't seen this article yet.

Pretty entertaining "RACER EXCUSE BOOK" format

Feature: Why I Didn’t Win at the Micra Cup

The buildup is simple: Nissan wants me to race in their inaugural season of the Micra Cup, a spec series based in Quebec, currently with approximately 25 cars filling each race weekend with exciting and close racing action.

[...]

Obviously Nissan wanted me there for a few reasons, they wanted some feedback on their race car, they wanted some press coverage and of course they wanted me to win… right? But of course the racer excuse book must be filled with facts for the day and how the odds were stacked against me – first of all, Nissan didn’t actually want me to win, although I’m sure they would not have been too mad, right?
    http://www.autos.ca/motorsports-cust...cra-cup/?all=1

Thanks
    This is How the Nissan Micra Cup Racecar is Built for $20,000

Informative, in-depth article about construction of the Cup Micras by Motorsports In Action.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pete (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Very useful post metro!