Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Micra Race Series -- Coupe Micra Cup

Thanks

"weird and wonderfully hilarious design flaws" of the Micra race car

"Nissan Micra transformed into a race-ready devil"

Nissan is offering selected auto writers the chance to compete in individual races of the Coupe Micra Cup -- clever idea for increased coverage of the series.

Driving.ca writer David Booth discusses some interesting things about the race prepped car:

• with the stiffened suspension, the windshield sometimes wipers turn on by themselves when the stalk gets jostled BECAUSE OF BUMPS ON THE ROAD
    • the slick tires plus "Nismo suspension ... can overwhelm the chassis."

And he praises the stock components too: engine, clutch & cooling never once complained, despite the thrashing.

Plus: the roll cage works...

one poor Lewis Hamilton-wannabe barrel-rolled his Cup car, sending it arse-over-tea-kettle coming out of high-speed Corner 11. Though every single body panel was rumpled, he emerged without a scratch.
    Read the full article: http://driving.ca/nissan/micra/auto-...ssan-micra-cup

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I think this is going to turn into a great series...I'm hoping for an Ontario series...Be neat to go see a race, but i'm always to busy racing or preparing for a race to drive to QC to watch...Something at Shannonville i could stop in while at my dad's house or Mosport as it isn't far away...
    I also think some focus will hit the series (Car) if that 19 yr old kid gamer from Thailand wins a couple more races! They will hit that in Advertising if they were smart...Playstation would be making a killing in NASCAR world, teach your kid to race on GT7 on PS4, we make champions, champions are gamers!
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

"Racing a Slow Car Is a Real Thrill. Seriously."

Even Wired has written a piece about the Micra Cup.

It's a decent article: amusing & informative. The author pokes fun at the speed (or lack thereof), but also keeps reminding us he did the same thing in a car nearly as slow (original Miata).

Some good lines...

The speedometer moves like a glacier eating a continent.

From the outside, a pack of racing Micras looks like a herd of kittens on the warpath. From the inside, experience tells me it’s probably a damn riot.

Because the other secret of racing a slow car is that the car somehow manages to disappear. It’s just you, a handful of other people, and the joy of a good fight.
    Full article: http://www.wired.com/2015/06/racing-...ill-seriously/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Amies dans la vie rivales en piste

Profile of two female racers in the competitive Micra series:

Elles portent le même prénom, ont la même passion pour la vitesse et sont amies dans la vie. Mais ce week-end, Valérie Chiasson et Valérie Limoges seront des rivales sur le circuit Gilles-Villeneuve en Coupe Nissan Micra.

Full article (en francais): http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...vales-en-piste

Thanks
    Another nice article! (en français)

http://auto.lapresse.ca/adrenaline/2...#Slide-0-box-0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to matriq For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    matriq: that article explains why I heard about some "jokes" after the Micra's $9998 price was revealed at the Toronto Auto show: "it even has enough headroom for a racing helmet!"

The decision to hold the Coupe Micra was a fait accompli almost from day one.

Thanks

Ontario series mentioned...

Also from that latest article, another mention of likely expansion into Ontario:

Tout indique maintenant que l'Ontario va bientôt emboîter le pas au Québec et créer sa propre série. Jacques Deshaies a même eu vent de l'intérêt de gens en Angleterre, au Mexique, au Brésil, en Thaïlande et en Inde

Thanks
    Race update!

After the profile of the two female racers in the series...

Valérie Chiasson ended the race in 3rd and became the first female driver to stand on the podium in Circuit Gilles Villeneuve’s history.
    Wrap-up of both weekend races: http://racingnorth.ca/2015/06/09/mic...an-grand-prix/

Thanks

Racing virgin tries not to humiliate self in Micra Cup

Loudmouth / Motormouth (TM) auto writer David Booth recounts his Micra Cup experience in Montreal:

http://driving.ca/nissan/auto-news/n...-the-micra-cup

Thanks

Having this much fun in something so small and slow should be illegal

Interesting: Nissan also invited U.S. based Road & Track to try the Micra race car.

I think they liked it...

For those Micra-less Americans looking North with longing, there aren't too many low-cost racing options that are comparable. ... The likelihood of the Micra Cup migrating south is low. And that's a shame. The Micra Cup car is a blast.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-cup-race-car/