Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Micra Race Series -- Coupe Micra Cup

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It would be silly good fun, but outta my snack bracket, that's for sure!

What's that about the dash harness?
    Sorry, meant anchor. As in attached, or anchored through the dash.
    Couldn't find the word to explain myself, here's a picture to show what "IN" the dash I meant.
    This one obviously has no dash, hence allowing us to see how it would be.
    http://robrobinette.com/images/S2000/RaceCar/Cage4.jpg
    I wouldn't feel as safe in a bolted on type of roll cage. And from what I get, the cup is based around everyone getting the same car, same burn weight, same ECU programming, etc. I'd rather start with my 10k machine and tune it. Naturally aspired is fine, but I'd like to be able to reduce the weight if I can manage, change the ECU programming, choose my brakes and get a real roll cage soldered in. Seems like they got away by doing the minimum the FIA asks for.

Nonetheless, it should be fun and got me thinking about getting my national license again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I think the roll cage looks great and I'm actually silly enough that it's a possibility I might try one LOL!

Gotta remember that unlike the Miata race car you linked, the Micra already has a roof and pillars. On top of that, consider that the car is light, it's a one make series, low power and it's run on proper race tracks...I believe the bolt in cage will be plenty. For street use, it would be better if it were all welded construction for obvious reasons. Might not stop a nutter like me though!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    They already have 25 of these cars sold. Then intend to have 30 cars in the race, soooo...not much left to sell I guess.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-31-2015)

Thanks

25 Micras registered; Nissan announces more detail about the drivers on the grid

One month from today, drivers from across Canada, Quebec and as far-reaching as Thailand and India, will meet at Circuit Mont-Tremblant to compete in the first-ever race for the Nissan Micra Cup.

To-date, 25 cars are registered with a very well-rounded competitor group representing a variety of ages, backgrounds and experience on the grid. More information on the full roster of Micra Cup drivers will be released soon.
    Nissan has posted some driver & team details here...

http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...rs-on-the-grid

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Will this be televised or streamed? It is a support series ( filler) for other major race series correct?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    I think the roll cage looks great and I'm actually silly enough that it's a possibility I might try one LOL!
    Unless you want to wear a helmet in your street car I would not put a roll cage in it. Been there done that!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Unless you want to wear a helmet in your street car I would not put a roll cage in it. Been there done that!
    Yep it can be...hard. With the Micra though, there is a ton of head room to work with to get it out of the way. Obviously pads would have to be made for certain spots too.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yep it can be...hard. With the Micra though, there is a ton of head room to work with to get it out of the way. Obviously pads would have to be made for certain spots too.
    Yes I totally agree. I am six feet tall and there is about four to five inches above my head when I am in my comfy driving position. The last one I put a cage in was a civic and head clearance was the issue. I also put one in a CRX and still have the cage but you have to remove the windshield , cut the pillars and remove the roof to put it in as it was for Brighton Speedway and has the three drivers side bars and x bars on the passenger side.

Thanks
    Hey folks, just wanted to throw this out there, the rims you see in OP are no longer the rims that are shipping with the Cup Cars.

The rims are coming from an exclusive deal from Fast Wheels, and will look more like oldschool JDM rims, here's a picture

Name:  04_CIAS-2015-Weird-And-Wonderful.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  Micra_Cup_calendar_announcement_photo.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  81.2 KB

The rims in the original promo are the Fast Wheels Synergy, a discontinued rim which was only used for the promo. They've since gone back down to 15" and are using an exclusive design that is not available to the public (or else I'd have already bought some)

Also as you can see the livery has changed a bit.

Anyways, sorry if this is repeat info, it just came as news to me the other day.

Thanks

new liveries

Hey Clintownicus - belated welcome to the forum!

Also as you can see the livery has changed a bit.
    I went searching and found a few different (new) versions:

Name:  a65e9c66-0647-4ab2-9ade-bb84b883a8ff-768x432.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  0bbba14b-93de-40b2-96f4-984db2f3b588-768x432.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  64.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...