Thread: N or D or P in stop and go traffic? and can automatic micra K13 be towed

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

N or D or P in stop and go traffic? and can automatic micra K13 be towed

may i change to N from N in traffic or red lights? or P instead?

some say when in warming up the automatic micra ones should put the transmission in N because if in P the oil is not circulating, is it correct?

and can automatic be towed ? if can how or it is really a bad idea to tow automatic car ?

tks

Thanks
    N and P are the same in terms of lubrication/transmission oil circulation.

If you want to shift out of gear when stopped briefly (traffic light), I would personally use N, because it's easier & quicker: the gear shift can be moved between D and N without pressing the button or having to look at the gear indicator.

The transmission relies on the engine to be running for lubrication, so it can't be towed with the drive wheels on the ground.

Originally Posted by Nissan Canada's Micra Team

Nissan Canada does not recommend flat towing (all four wheels on the ground) any automatic transmission or CVT vehicles. Doing so will damage internal transmission parts due to lack of transmission lubrication. Regarding the manual, yes the operation is the same as Versa Note, the engine will have to be started every 805 km.
    From: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...ull=1#post1151

Also: flat towing / dinghy towing a 2015 Nissan Micra

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...