Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any discount off MSRP?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Any discount off MSRP?

Hey everyone. I've been to 3 different dealers in the London area and none will budge a dollar of the price and want to add all the extras like etching etc. Has anyone been successful in getting some kind of discount? I know the price is good but to not give a little discount is annoying. Interested in a SV, auto, with conv. package. Really lilke this car.

Thanks
    Hi...

I would think there should be a little room to dicker on the mid-trim SV with convenience pack.

(Whereas I wouldn't expect any wiggle room on a base S.)

I noticed that Micra advertising has dropped off a cliff in the last month or so -- Nissan seems to be focusing exclusively on moving out the 2014 models. Of course they don't have the same pressure with the Micra since it came in as a 2015 model.

Hopefully we'll get some feedback from other members.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I did, I got a veteran's discount. When I was there the dealer told me the dealership makes about $600 off each micra they push out so that's the headroom they have to play with before the profit turns into a loss. Keep in mind, thats a micra 's' and not the upscale model you've picked, I would assume there would be a greater amount to play with.

If I remember right, and from what my grandfather tells me (long time london resident) most of the dealers in london are in a group and basically work out of the same wallet, so wither or not you go to dale downey on oxford st, or south london on wharncliffe, they aren't going to care because its all the same pot.

If the etching is on the car already, then yes, they will want to make the money back from what they made and it seems that the actual cost of said etching is a closely guarded secret.

Ultimately its your money. So if your not getting what you want, then I would contact another dealership outside of the london area.. For example toronto, belleville.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-13-2014)

Thanks
    I managed to get $350 off mine because it was the first and only one they had at the moment and it had been test driven a couple times (one of them was me). It's an S auto. Also got free winter floor mats and didn't pay for the bullsh1t nitrogen and wheel locks (although I still got them on the car).

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mine was $12,800 licenced and delivered.

Minus the taxes makes it $11,325, minus the $1400 delvery made it $9925. Included in there was "oil changes for life" (basically they'll do a conventional oil and filter change on request), vehicle registration, the mandatory fees (tire stewardship, OMVIC, environmental).
    My estimated cost for the car was $9580, based on $150 for the oil changes, $60 for the wheel locks they had to include even though I didn't want (nobody pics the Micra's 15" steelies as a "must have"), $100 for registration (they said $499 but that's BS), the tire stewardship is $28, the OMVIC is $1 and the enviro charge is $5.

I suspect they lost money on this deal, but may have been padding end of month numbers for incentives.

Anyone looking at cars now could possibly get a better deal, as end of year incentives for dealerships approach.

Thanks

starting to see discounts advertised

Since the 2016 model has been announced, I've started seeing deals advertised for the 2015 Micra, particularly the SR:

eg... $3750 off (or $4250 off if you are a current Nissan owner.)

Name:  micra-discount.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  80.3 KB

The fine print though is the big discount only applies if you finance through Nissan.

However with that large a deal on the table, you can be certain you could also negotiate a hefty discount even if you were paying cash or got financing elsewhere.

This was on Nissan's site, for Ontario. http://www.choosenissan.ca/on-en?province=ontario

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Are you thinking about taking the leap Metro?

Thanks
    Nay! My vehicle replacement budget is roughly equal to the current SR discount amount. :P

I was just updating this thread since I'd seen a few ads.

I got $500 discount for paying cash. $12.6k all in

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The car was on a boxing month sale in Dec. 2015 for $1,500. off. Salesman took off another $500. since I was a 'first time buyer'. (which was added to the upcoming New Years sale - $2,000 off which is on currently).

* $500.00 (first time buyer discount)
    * $135.00 (for magnetic grey), bill was drawn up for a white car originally

Total savings on car alone: $635.

Extras:

* Credit to my account for the dings the car was delivered with: $250.
    * Trade-in 1999 Toyota: $300.
    * Paint Protection Added for buying the rust module, 'saved' $295.

Freight, taxes, fees, warranty & module after the discounts above: just shy of $18K