Thread: 10% Of The Nissans Sold In Canada Are Micras (thetruthaboutcars.com)

Thanks

10% Of The Nissans Sold In Canada Are Micras (thetruthaboutcars.com)

Name:  xlogo.png
Views: 292
Size:  5.1 KB

TTAC posted an article about Nissan sales and the Micra:

Over the last three months – June, July, and August – the Micra has accounted for one out of every ten Nissan vehicles sold in Canada: 8.8% in June, 11.7% in July, and 8.8% again in August.

[...]

1250 sales is close to the monthly average achieved by Canada’s fourth-best-selling midsize car in 2013, the Hyundai Sonata. In other words, these aren’t small potatoes.
    They also point out that contrary to the opinion that the Micra might cannibalize sales of other small Nissans, the result has actually been increased sales of the Versa Note and Sentra.

I heard this same thing from a Nissan salesperson: people come in to look at the "$10k car" but many end up leaving in a slightly bigger, slightly better equipped, somewhat more expensive Note. (Also the Note sale nets more money for the dealer and salesperson.)

There are plenty of comments under the article, too. Always interesting. "Cockroach of the North" some are calling it

Full article: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...canada-micras/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Nissan is no fool. Now they need to bring it to the US.

Thanks
    I'm sure Nissan USA is paying attention to this little experiment!

As a matter of fact, someone from US headquarters was having a really good look through the forum just last week. (Yay for server logs.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MasterFocus (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'm sure Nissan USA is paying attention to this little experiment!

As a matter of fact, someone from US headquarters was having a really good look through the forum just last week. (Yay for server logs.)
    Like I said in one of my very first posts on this forum...the car will be sold in the US.

I just hope they get on it soon as it will open up easier access to aftermarket parts, but i'm worried it won't be 'til spring '16
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yup, a U.S. Micra would help TONS with aftermarket. 10-12k Micras a year is decent for Canada, but Americans typically buy ~5x as many subcompacts as Canadians.

Thanks
    I agree that an american micra would help us all, but i'm a little skeptical about that happening. Nissan didn't have to invest much other than the extra airbags and such (design mostly) and are building it in a plant that could handle 10k more a year. But the production for the states is a little more substantial and i'm not sure Nissan could handle that. (At the moment)
    Don't forget we love our hatches!

Thanks
    One thing's for sure: U.S. auto reviewers wouldn't be as universally positive about the car as the Canadian press has been. They're a crankier group down there.

Thanks
    lol, except for the guy in California that calls it a happy car.