Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Finally! A tech at Nissan has confirmed the noise and is contacting Nissan tech line to see how they want to replace the engine. He says Nissan's way of verifying the engine is to remove it and take measurements, he doesn't agree with it considering its obvious, but I also see nissans point. The data collected proves the engine is busted. So we will see what happens.

The main thing is that the engine noise has been noted by a tech at Nissan.
    nissan dealers here were also told to take measurements and a tech told me they were OK.
    problem is not a worn part, problem is a defective rod cap (think is called that in english, the under part of the rod were the bearings are) that reduces oil lubrtiation causing the knock because bearing is metal on metal with crank.
    the noise is there, is not normal, you have you to push at least with a full engine replacement, not only short block, complete engine.
    the other posible fix is the one written on the technical tip i posted on previous page, keep original block and replace internals and sell the car asap lol.
    today in a few hours i am going to meet my lawyer and take him all the info i have to see how many chances i have to get my money back, i payed for a brand new car, not a faulty one, because this is a factory problem, car came with the knock since day 1, on user manual is not written that engine is going to knock, so they scammed me, nobody told me this was going to be this way, i will let you know his opinion, this is a difficult country for this because the lack of strong customer care laws, but we are going to try, a friend of mine has his money back from citroen after hiring this same lawyer, wish me luck.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 08-05-2015 at 01:21 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...