Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Im hoping so. Next week when the car goes in, Nissan has requested a battery of tests for the mechanic to do. The first time they just swapped it without asking questions. This time, they want more information. So the issue has definitely raised their attention. What I do know for sure is that the Nissan Canada person told me the issue has been raised to the higher level for further examination. 2 Engines in the same car, and a few others popping up across the country will raise some corporate eyebrows and likely lead to them looking into the plant- No company wants to spend money if they dont have to, and replacement engines and rental cars are not a cost effective way.

So I think Nissan is definitely noticing a trend, and mine just so happens to be the first one with 2 engines gone as far as they know. But once more come in I'm sure they will work harder to fix it.

But I think we have one thing nailed down- they need some polish on the quality control side- how they do that is up to them. But it would save them a lot of money down the road.

Now from what I was told up here by my dealer, his techs get paid the full amount for labor here to promote proper repair. Really the only time the dealer isn't making any money is if the bay sits empty. Now this is probably different in other countries of course. Hell, probably different in different provinces.

I will however ask the tech to go over the car with a fine toothed comb- anything that seems out of wack, replace it. While they are doing the engine testing, that is a really good time to fix things.

At this point, an overhaul woulnt be so bad. Having a qualified mechanic replace the piston, crank and rod with some good old fashioned trained eyes probably would be good. The question is- what does nissan want to do?
    Last edited by Howie; 10-09-2015 at 01:12 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-10-2015)