Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    2 engines with the same problem? wow, you must be the most unluky guy out there. what are the odds? but this can happen with any car manufacturers, not just Nissan. If the problem was as large out there as you think, Nissan would issue a recall, but all I read are good reviews and happy owners, except for here. As for law suit, if they are replacing the engine, I don't see what else is to do. I don't thing it will diminish the value of the car either. It will be done by the company and it will be a brand new engine. I don't see how this can affect the value of the car. Heck, nobody will even notice if you ever sell the car.

Also you have no certitude if that problem was not in the previous years of the Micra since you obviously cannot know if every cars sold did not endup having an engine replacement. It's probably isolated cases. Before I came to this forum I only heard good things about that car from those who owned the Micra. Probably those with a problem are looking for such place as forums to search for similar problems and so we see most of the problems endup and have the false impression that it's a bigger problem? not sure.

I am really sorry for those who have this problem. So far my car has 1200 km and no problem but I will keep an ears for it for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    another 2 videos to reinforce the idea that the problem is rod bearing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmhl...vF940YTbW43wwg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTNx...W43wwg&index=2
    Yesterday i was trying to listen my cars knock, and in my opinion was comeing from the left side of the engine (viewing the engine from the front with the hood open), but not 100% to left.
    after i downloaded the hr16de service manual, the part of the engine i think the noise is coming is cylinder 2, the same one Rob has the problem.
    I bet there are a lot of faulty engines out there, because my 2 engines had the same problem.
    i have heard a couple of 2012 and 2013 micras, without the knock, so i think is a 2014-.... model problem.

Last edited by dani3d; 11-08-2014 at 09:04 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I've Been Monitoring That Noise Lately. I'm Hearing The Same Knocking Sound You Guys Are Saying. Same @ 2000 RPM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTwoKombo View Post
    I've Been Monitoring That Noise Lately. I'm Hearing The Same Knocking Sound You Guys Are Saying. Same @ 2000 RPM.
    sorry to hear that.
    how many miles on your car??
    is your engine making the knock more louder with warm engine like ours?
    my cars knock starts at 2000rpm and is worse between 2000 to 3000rpm with hot engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Bring it back to your dealership and show them this website and thread with all the videos of my car making the same noise. Tell them its cylinder #2 knocking, i gaurentee you its the same problem as ours. Nissan needs to be accountable for this problem. Your the 4th person i know of now (IN CANADA) plus Gonzagnr in South America so that makes 5 faulty vehicles that have had the exact same problem. Bring the vehicle back and have the engine swapped because its only going to get worse.

Thanks
    Big end bearing.. Yep.. But honestly. reminds me of the Connecting rod bearing being shot.

http://youtu.be/N8bDr_hOn9Q?t=1m5s

And another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i39i-PyQxA

But this is starting to look like a trend. Sorry Gonz, you were right!

(Above videos are not versa/sentra/micra... but same theory.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Found another video on youtube from a guy with a nissan versa sedan, having the same noise (not so loud on the video, but still audible).
    The title of the video is "the bad quality of nissans versa engine"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJe-AgM2Vw
    So it is very clear that all models equipped with the hr16de (versa, versa note, march/micra) some vehicles from one period to another (or even present) are going to have the knock.
    i think my car was made on april 2014, it would be nice to know the fabrication date of rob car and OneTwoCombo.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 11-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Gents, hate to say it. Add another to the list. Mine is doing it too.. 15,000km.. Audible at 1700rpm and up to 2100 rpm...

Did we ever see resolution on this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    sorry to hear that anonymus.
    you must take it to the dealer.
    can you tell me WHEN you bought the car?? also you can see the manufactured date by removing theplastic cover below the steering wheel, that cover is the one that hides the obd2 conector, the date is written on a white label.
    My car was manufactured may 2014 and i purchased it on 31 july 2014.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Gents, hate to say it. Add another to the list.
    As Scooby might say: RUH ROH!

Any news RobM?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Just got the car back now. Engine was completely replaced and the knocking is no longer present. Only time will tell if it holds up this way. My Service Manager informed me that Nissan Canada had no clue about any simple fixes and reported that the entire engine must be replaced. Apparently i was the first official case in Canada so we'll see how long it takes until more people come forward and a recall or bulletin goes out.

Sorry to hear that anonymous. Hopefully you can get everything figured out aswell.