Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    I honestly have no idea what it is man, the techs at Nissan didnt really have a clue either. We looked at and listened to 2 other Micra's and neither made the sound our cars do.
    But yeah you'll be the first to hear when i get some news on this issue! Is there any chance you could get a video uploaded of your car making this noise? I want to add it to my claim so Nissan Canada see's im not the only one with this issue and its clearly something faulty with these cars.

Thanks
    Nothing faulty with my car so far, and I'm quickly closing in on 20,000km, so I suggest your blanket statement about there being something faulty with these cars is unfounded.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Mines at 12000km.. No major issues so far. Odd little glitch here and there, but acceptable. But I am really anxious to see what this ends up being in the end. If anything it could be something to watch for on ours, or it could be something in particular, like perhaps the dealership used the wrong grade of oil. (Not saying thats what it is, just as an example).

The reason why I find this even more interesting is that our friends that own the versa seem to be having the same issue.

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/eng...g-noise-3.html

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/eng...ing-2-rpm.html

I'm not worried about it.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-12-2014 at 10:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-14-2014)

Thanks
    Alpha - There is clearly SOMETHING WRONG with mine and Gonzagnr's cars. The EXACT SAME problem actually... I dont care if you dont have a problem with your car. Why are you posting in a thread about problems with these vehicles if YOU HAVE NO ISSUES..? You'd be singing a whole different tune if it was your car that was ***** up so plz dont tell me not to use a "blanket statement" in saying some of these cars are faulty.. BECAUSE SOME ARE.. THERE IS a problem with these cars.. WE BOTH wouldnt have the SAME issues if there wasnt.. DURRRRR.. Sorry it tickled your old ***** and got you all defensive. Just do me a favour and stop posting in this thread because your comments thus far have been useless to me.

Anonymous/Aftica - thanks for the post! I have not seen any of the issues with the versa's yet so i will def be taking a look into it! As for that black craplastic rattling noise just be happy it isnt your engine like us! lol
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 10-14-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: language

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    Alpha - There is clearly SOMETHING WRONG with mine and Gonzagnr's cars. The EXACT SAME problem actually... I dont care if you dont have a problem with your car. Why are you posting in a thread about problems with these vehicles if YOU HAVE NO ISSUES..? You'd be singing a whole different tune if it was your car that was ***** up so plz dont tell me not to use a "blanket statement" in saying some of these cars are faulty.. BECAUSE SOME ARE.. THERE IS a problem with these cars.. WE BOTH wouldnt have the SAME issues if there wasnt.. DURRRRR.. Sorry it tickled your old ***** and got you all defensive. Just do me a favour and stop posting in this thread because your comments thus far have been useless to me.

Anonymous/Aftica - thanks for the post! I have not seen any of the issues with the versa's yet so i will def be taking a look into it! As for that black craplastic rattling noise just be happy it isnt your engine like us! lol
    check your pm, i have sent you some messages.
    of course there is something faulty on these cars engine area or engine itself.
    i have asked on another forum in brazil and i havent found nobody yet with this noise, so it is very clear is NOT A NORMAL NOISE.
    in my case, i think is more lounder with hot engine than with cold, but it is always there when reaching 2000rpm.
    on the versa forum a guy with a 1.6 versa had his engine replaced with 5000miles for an strange sound, he didnt upload a video, but i bet it was this same noise.
    in my opinion is a rod problem or piston wrist pin.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYF9-gWOb1E
    the guy on that video says: "the colder the car is, the less noise it makes", and that "idle is perfect"
    i am thinking this is the problem with our cars, rod knock is generally present at idle, ours noise isnt, also note he is not fully accelerating the engine, only partial load, like us.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    another guy in brazil told me he has the same noise, lets see if i can get more info about it.
    Robm6981 you have a new pm.

Thanks

calm please

Guys, this is clearly frustrating for the owners who are experiencing the noise and don't have an answer, but let's keep things civil in here. (Language, etc.)

And regarding the "blanket statement": I don't think one was necessarily implied. "These cars" could refer just to the specific cars mentioned in this thread... obviously not every Micra makes the noise.

Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    *Update* The dealership has taken my Micra S in and are dealing with Nissan Canada directly. The Service Director says it most likely needs an engine replacement and i should know in a few days. In the meantime i have a new Micra SV, have ZERO complaints, and am LOVING it! So this is what a proper micra feels and sounds like! ;P

Thanks
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are getting resolved.

Fortunately, we know they have a few spare HR16 engines on hand... Nissan trivia: 10 millionth engine produced at Aguascalientes (Micra factory)

The big question is: will you be able to go back to the S after living in the lap of SV luxury?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...