Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    **update
    member from versa forum that has his engine replaced at 500km with an L series is reporting that new engine is knocking like the old one.
    so in my opinion after hearing L and M engines knocking we can say problem is still not solved.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You bought a versa? What happened to the Swift?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    You bought a versa? What happened to the Swift?
    No, i didnt bought a versa, is from a member of versa forum that after seen my post took his 500km versa for an an engine replacement.
    Had an L series engine installed that seemed to be knock free.
    But now is knocking again.
    I still have the swift sport, absolutely brilliant car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    another member of the versa forum reporting his new L series engine is knocking after 1300 miles
    here you have video
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq9yxwniu5...91812.mp4?dl=0

Thanks
    guy from argentina reporting knock in versa 2015 16k km.
    heard the noise since day 1, but took him this time for the dealer to reckon the problem.
    at least they did not lie in the end "problem is bad clearence in rod bearings".

Thanks

1600k on my no issues so far

My car is at 1600k just change the oil and taking it for the rest of the service on the 17 I did a video to show that that there are no issues from I can hearhttps://www.facebook.com/efoulds/vid...7872743271497/https://www.facebook.com/efoulds/vid...7872743271497/

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    another member of the versa forum reporting his new L series engine is knocking after 1300 miles
    here you have video
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq9yxwniu5...91812.mp4?dl=0

What I take from this thread is that Nissan will acknowledge the issue if one is present, and take the steps required to repair the issue. No one is being turned away. Replacement engines are being installed at no cost to the customer.

Yes it's a bit of a headache. But no manufacturer is going to throw a $5000 repair in a car just cause. Due diligence is required.
    That's what warrenties are for. To date there are no catastrophic failures, explosions, pistons thru blocks or anything. Just a rattle which is clearly defined in the FSM under trouble shooting knocks and rattles section. Anything produced in the multiple millions in multiple countries isn't going to be 100% even a 0.01% error could be thousands of engines. They are only human. Micra cup cars are driven hard and seem to take te beating with a smile. My car is driven, not abused, but driven, and it's fine. 12k km+ since the replacement and I can't complain. It's not like exchanging something at walmart. But it's also not like trying to get something done with the government ( long waits and no communication ). It literally costs almost as much as riding the bus twice a day ( and cheaper then go train. ( purchase price over 5 year term not including insurance /gas ) and how many of you have seen a broken down bus on the side of the road? My micra has never stranded me. My 1994 Volvo did, and often.

Just remember BMW and Porsche have a whole list of finicky issues. And they cost 5x as much or more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Moose (09-19-2016),Pete (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Hi, im new here.

I had read all this post and i want to ask how is this problem now. There are new victims of this problem?
    An the old affected ones, how does it continues?

I will appreciate your response

Thanks

They use the hr12ddt in uk not hr16de that's not a issue for us.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...