Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    this video was sent to me by a tech that works for a nissan dealer in mexico.
    engine was 7k km, nissan said problem was lifters, so they order tech to replace them.
    sympthom was this noise when engine COLD, and after warm up goes away.
    of course lifters were replaced but noise still there, so engine was replaced.

replacing lifters
    Name:  BTKVW98.jpg
Views: 2936
Size:  92.3 KB

also here you have image from hr16de manual, showing right clearences at main bearings, i was told by the dealer my engine is now well inside good clearences... we will see...
    (see red cicle at bottom)
    http://i.imgur.com/wxAqlDV.jpg

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    update.
    Car is "ready" according to the dealer, tomorrow morning they are going take it for a ride on the highway to test performance.
    today they performed knock test under several conditions, on his words "sounds way better than the brand new ones" LOL, you dont need much to sound better than the new ones i guess.
    as soon as i have my hands on it will record a video and hopefully next week will trade it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    well, another 2016 model without the knock.
    engine numer is HR16*71xxx ending with L.
    sounds really smooth, not a single sign of metalic rumble, very quiet indeed, i think this is the best hr16 i have heard so far, it has 10k km.
    this is good audio to compare with my car tomorrow.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 02-04-2016 at 10:00 PM.

We wish to acknowledge your recent contact with Nissan Canada regarding your Nissan Micra

We would suggest that your Nissan dealership Service department is best poised to answer your inquiry, as they are experts in relation to all matters of a technical nature. Further yet, they are provided with access to all Nissan technical libraries and reference material, should they require additional guidance.

We regret that we can not speak specifically to your inquiry but, in the interest of ensuring that the information you need is authoritative, have complete faith in our dealerships to address queries such as yours. We thank you for the opportunity to respond.

Nissan Canada Inc.
    Telephone: 1-800-387-0122
    Email:information.centre@nissancanada.com

I asked Nissan to confirm compression specs and this is what they sent back a week later

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Hi Matt
    The specs that you have are correct.
    Nissan tech-line was not concerned with yours being slightly under.
    They told us they are happy with the final specs we provided and closed the inquiry

Jennifer

So 184 psi is the service limit and Nissan is fine with my engine being below the service limit.

I'm kinda pissed right now.

How is this acceptable??!!?
    Last edited by IMPUL; 02-05-2016 at 02:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I really cant bealive that.
    I am going to send an email to nissan japan with a link to these thread (and mexican forums) and see what they have to say.
    I have stories about japanese companies (sadly some years ago when quality was an important thing).
    A guy with a brand new mitsubishi truck had his engine blown at 1000 km, mitsubishi gave him a new truck and requested the old one to be shipped back to japan.
    Second one, a friend of mine has a subaru m80 from 1990.
    The water pump brake down and there where no spares here.
    Sent an email to japan.
    A worker from subaru japan call to local dealer telling them that was not aceptable and send the spare at a very godod price.
    Tonight i will write nissan japan.

Now UPDATE
    I FINALLY HAVE THE CAR.
    there is a lot of ambient noise at present so i cant record a good video yet.
    Knock is gone, i think there is a small rumble but i am not sure, will record a video tonight.
    Overall engine feels REALLY QUIET and smooth, ride is much sillent now and also les vibration.
    Bad news is i have to wait for next shippment of swift sport until MAY, the are behind schedule in japan, i feel really sad lol, so i have to stick with the march 4 more month
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 02-05-2016 at 04:34 PM.

NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
    Customer Relations Officet

Address
    1-1, Takashima 1-chome, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 220-8686, Japan

This is where you have to mail questions regarding vehicles. They don't do email.

But you can try this : NISSAN_SR@mail.nissan.co.jp
    I just emailed them anyways. Let's see what happens.
    Last edited by IMPUL; 02-05-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks
    thank you for the information, will send email right now.
    i have dissapointing news, engine STILL KNOCKS A LITTLE, before the repair i was in the knocking group, now i think i am in the abnormal normal engine noise, lol, what a joke.
    being honest, knock has improved 90%, but still there, listen very carefully 0.49-0.55 and 1.00-1.06
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 02-05-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks
    seriously, i wish i didn't learn about this problem, i got my car on Friday, and all i have been doing is try to hear the noise from the engine whenever i am driving. ooww the stress.

Thanks
    1 problem "solved", 1 created, car has a small oil leak, i cant see from where its coming.
    will have to take to dealer next week.