Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    The second video defintially has the knock. You can hear it the moment he comes on the throttle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    yes, thats 100% correct.
    also videos from not knocking engine are going to be very usefull for me (and of course for all members on forum), because if my engine when ready (hopefully this week) does not sound 100% knock free like those, will request at court a buyback because they are unable to solve the problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    went to dealer today.
    clearences are now ok (according to them), they will start assembling the engine tomorrow, so if everything goes well, car will be ready for friday, almost a month later, if not ready for friday, more than a month....
    never had a car more than 3 days at the workshop, despite being more than 15 year old.
    tech told me this today "well,... this engine will be better than a brand new one" LOOOOOL!!!!! of course if clearences are ok will be better than a knocking brand new one.
    and then i asked "and what happen if repair is not succesfully??"
    reply "well, we have put inside EVERYTHING brand new and measured everything, so there is nothing more we can do, if that is the case i think you will need to take another course of action".
    lawyer is waiting for outcome of the repair.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This guy has a knock on his 07 Versa with MR18. It seems to be a common issue for these engines, but I am not convinced that it is rod knock in my case. I am a mechanical engineer, and if you choose materials with certain harmonic frequencies you can get constructive harmonic interferences at certain major order speeds. I say this because I have the noise at 2000 rpm and at 4000 rpm. Perhaps some people do have bearing problems, but with the way the rest of the car is constructed I would not be surprised if cost was more of an issue. My car has a noisy gearbox and air con compressor, and because of the thermo amp placement the evaporator freezes if I use recirc for several hours. Let's not forget that a cabin air filter was not installed on some cars to save money.

Sorry, forgot to add link.
    http://forums.nicoclub.com/07-versa-...g-t499328.html

http://s13.photobucket.com/user/King...ck62K.mp4.html
    Last edited by trailrated; 02-02-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    mr18de suffers from piston slap, is ALLWAYS cylinder 3.
    is a design fault on piston wrist pin and cylinder wall on cylinder 3.
    problem was "fixed" after 2012 models i think, piston prin was re designed and also some work was done on the block.
    worst year are 07-10
    here you have videos of mr18 piston slap problems.
    on versa us forum, there peoplep with more than 3 engines replaced every 5k miles LOOOOL, some requested a buyback and was granted.
    here you have videos of problem in mr18 engine.

problem on hr16de is 100% rod knock, confirme by technical tip, by a dealer from a member here, and despite i dont have pictures i saw rod bearings from my engine when dismounted, and on cylinder 2 bearing was damage, also on crank.
    also performed a cylinder cut test with my scanner, and when shuting down cyliner 2, knock was gone.

Thanks
    Let us know how the engine sounds afterwards. If this is a legitimate issue then I am afraid I may sell my car, maybe I will be able to get a good deal on VW TDI after the emissions scandal ends.

I can understand an engine making certain normal noises, such as GM Ecotec timing chain or Jeep 4.0L lifters, but having an engine manufactured with a defective rotating assembly is not acceptable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrated View Post
    Let us know how the engine sounds afterwards. If this is a legitimate issue then I am afraid I may sell my car, maybe I will be able to get a good deal on VW TDI after the emissions scandal ends.

I can understand an engine making certain normal noises, such as GM Ecotec timing chain or Jeep 4.0L lifters, but having an engine manufactured with a defective rotating assembly is not acceptable.
    of course is not aceptable, but is what is happening.
    when i told friends about this problem, they dont bealive me until i show them this thread, and videos of my car with less than 1.000km and from members of this forum.
    go to your dealer, show them the knock, and ask for cylinder disconection test, when cylinder 2 is gone, you will see knock is no longer present.
    on mexican forum more and more people join everyday because this rod knock is becoming more known every day, and when they perform the knock test, at least with 2013+ models, result is allways the same, knock is there, some knock more, some knock less, but is allways there.
    also the maxima 2009-2013 had a rod knock on its v6 since brand new, you can find link to that forum on some previous pages, problem is on cylinder 1 on the v6.
    in my opinion nissan is buyng parts from low quality suppliers, low quality build does not ensures right tolerances, thats why these engines knock.

Thanks
    more news
    another engine from an user of mexican forum throw a rod.
    car had no warranty because he did not take the car to the dealer for maintenace.
    tomorrow will have full data from car, year, km, etc.

and finally, there is a 2016 march with 2.000km that appear to be knock free (at least until now).
    owner will send engine serial number soon, but has sent a video, audio quality is AWFUL, but appears to be knock free, has a very solid rumble noise, but i cant hear no sign of metalic knock, engine sound very solid.
    i have requested him a video with good audio quality to be 100% sure.
    only at 1.36-1.38 appears to be some little tapping noise, but it can be the bad quality audio.

Thanks
    damn.. i hope i read about this post before i bought the car.. does anyone with a 2015 made car have this problem?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    damn.. i hope i read about this post before i bought the car.. does anyone with a 2015 made car have this problem?
    yes, people from argentina, colombia and mexico with 2015 models have this problem.
    also i think trailrated versa is a 2015, and a guy in the us with a note had also the knock.