Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    hope this helps.. maybe this is what he's talking about...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This Nissan Titan thread and this Suburu Legacy thread both mention an issue with a loose heat shield. Someone in another thread here mentioned they'd had an exhaust heat shield fall off entirely; is it possible that the shield could be loose for those having this issue?

This Acura RSX thread indicates it could be a heat shield or something called an input shaft bearing on the transmission. Others had a similar issue go away after topping up their oil, but that's probably not the issue on a newer Micra. Still, Popular Mechanics in their break-in article recommends changing the oil at 20 miles and again at a 1000 miles, for the following reason:

Quote Originally Posted by Popular Mechanics
    I customarily change the oil in a new engine after about 20 miles, and again at 1000 or so. That 20-mile oil, you would think, would look pretty much like fresh oil right out of the bottle. Wrong. It usually looks more like metal-flake paint, iridescent with tiny particles of metal worn off rubbing surfaces inside the new engines. After a few hours of operation, this completely normal phenomenon slows down as the rings, camshaft, lifters and bearings burnish their respective mating surfaces.
    Also, the first oil change invariably reveals small particles of gasket sealer, chunks of unidentified plastic, the occasional metal flakes that weren’t cleaned off before assembly and even the odd washer or nut. It’s pretty scary. Better this junk come out sooner rather than later.
    You may want to give an oil change a try, for the heck of it, to see if the issue goes away. Good luck!

Thanks
    Loose heat shield is possible considering one section of mine is sitting in my trunk..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    So I got the car back from the dealership today and they just gave me the same old "we couldnt duplicate the Rattle/Knock noise" excuse. Now to theyre defense i drove the car around all day and it didnt make the noise at all. So fast forward to tonight, i just pulled in the drive way and wouldnt ya guess it starts making the goddamn noise. I tryed recording another video of the elusive noise with my phone and this is what i got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avE8...ature=youtu.be

I tryed taking another video after i had shut the car off and brought all my **** in from work. I had the hood up this time and it WOULD NOT make the damn noise. I dunno what the hell is going on...

I also showed the tech Alpha's wonderful video he made for me and the guy said he couldnt hear anything wrong.. after just about laughing in his face i had him get the manager of the shop too listen and he too said that he couldnt hear anything.. I just feel like these guys are blantantly ignoring my issues with this vehicle on purpose.
    hello there, i am from south america, i have a MT nissan march 1.6 hr16de.
    my car is making the SAME NOISE, always between 2000-3000rpm with the gas pedal being pressed very gently., it does not matter if you have the clutch pressed or not, it makes it parked in neutral, or traveling in 2nd or 3rd gear, with hot or cold engine, the most extrange thing is as soon as you remove the foot from gas pedal, the sound disappears, despite the fact the engine still runs above 2000rpm.
    took it a few days ago to the dealer, car has 1000km, they heard the noise, they had the car 2 days and they told me it was the first time they had heard that noise, they recorded a video and send it to factory in mexico, they have no idea about the problem, so now i have to wait for an answer.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-11-2014 at 03:53 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzagnr For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-14-2014)

Thanks

Found my issue!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (10-12-2014),Azmodon (08-11-2017),MetroMPG (10-14-2014)

Thanks
    good luck for you!!!
    sadly my problem is not coming from there
    definitely your noise was similar but not the same.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hmmm... So if thats a similar noise.. Maybe its a different peice?

Thanks
    but it does not follow the same pattern.
    your is more "plastic" our is more "metalic" and also mine is not present below 2000rpm, or above 2000rpm without pressin the gas pedal.
    so i think is different.

Thanks
    Gonzagnr if you find out what the noise is from your dealership or Nissan please let me know as im at a loss for what to do. If i get any definitive answers from Nissan Canada i will definatley let you know aswell. Isnt it really anoying and frustrating to have to drive through a parking lot full of people and your brand new car makes a horrid knocking for everyone to hear. A+ quality product Nissan... NOT

As for your noise Anonymous thats definatley a different noise altogether from mine. Ive had a private mechanic look at it and tell me it sounds like rod knock or something coming from the top end of my engine. But only time will tell if Nissan actually acknowledges theres a legitmate problem or just fluffs it off and screws me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    Gonzagnr if you find out what the noise is from your dealership or Nissan please let me know as im at a loss for what to do. If i get any definitive answers from Nissan Canada i will definatley let you know aswell. Isnt it really anoying and frustrating to have to drive through a parking lot full of people and your brand new car makes a horrid knocking for everyone to hear. A+ quality product Nissan... NOT

As for your noise Anonymous thats definatley a different noise altogether from mine. Ive had a private mechanic look at it and tell me it sounds like rod knock or something coming from the top end of my engine. But only time will tell if Nissan actually acknowledges theres a legitmate problem or just fluffs it off and screws me.
    i agree, in my opinion the noise comes from the top of the engine.
    is there any part in the intake manifold maybe that can be causing this?
    for me its hard to bealive that the chain or something related with the timming is the problem.
    i will let you know as soon as i get some information, but i was told that the factory does not reply very fast, so maybe you have any information before me.