Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

25k km. and yes a comp test will be requested upon install.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Bad valve guide could deifnitally be an issue.. Guess they will find out when they put the head on the new block. Its hard to tell. These things have one of the noisiest top ends i've ever heard. DOHC and 8 injectors crammed in a little spot makes for noise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Went to dealer today.
    Engine is fully dissasembled.
    Clear damage on rod bearing of cyl2.
    Same damage in crank at cyl2.
    Problem is the one described on spanish technical tip.
    Rod cap of cyl2 is deffective/bad assembled so there is a gap between cap and rod so you end up with a slight rod knock because of bad clearence, confirmed by the tech.
    Car will be ready next week.
    Will record a video and then hopefully will sell it cheap.

ps. on the versa forum a guy with a note with 5000km performed the knock test, knock was there of course, sold the car.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 01-20-2016 at 02:46 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Do you have pictures of your bad parts?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Hi Matt,

The short block for you engine has arrived.

Ideally, if you’re able to drop the vehicle off on Monday am we can start the repair.
    Nissan is willing to pay 3 days (max) for a replacement vehicle, while your car is in the shop.

If you wish to pick up a car on Saturday that can be arrange as well.
    However be advised that if the car is not ready by Wednesday, you will be responsible for 2 days rental ect. (approx. $35 per day)

Let me know what works best for you

Thanks
    Nope! They should cover the rental for the duration of their work not charge you for taking too long.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

That's literally what I wrote back. "Sure if you can finish it in 3 days. I'll pick it up wed. Other wise as soon as it's ready I'll pick up that day. Except after Friday. I'm having teeth pulled" so ya. That's a lot of work.

I asked if I was getting new head bolts too. You should always use new ... Unless they are ARP then your probably okay to reuse.
    And asked to have it compression tested to make sure it's on spec. 219psi ( or within reason) but a 9.8:1 cr 4 banger should have 200psi at least and a new engine should be within 1 psi differential.

Thanks
    Woah, hold the phone. Mine was out of service for a week and they had no problem covering the rental.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

I'm not paying a bill for warranty service ... That's all I know. That's just silly. I've already spent gas, days off work. So. If I was driving used cars like I use to ID just hop in my other car while I make repairs. Help a lot if you have to run back to the shop mid way thru a job lol.

Thanks
    My engine replacement took a day

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...