Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well, finally the guy with the blown hr16de in mexico received its new short block.
    since the car was 5 month out of warranty he has to pay all the job, also he has to wait more than 2 month for a short block that is build in his own country... and also nissan wanted to charge him with more than 50.000 mexican pesos.
    Some days ago i sent him link to this thread and the technical tip i posted here in spanish... he shown that information to the dealer well... he finally got a discount and total price was 34.500 mexican peso.
    Attached is invoice of the job.
    i have been very busy, but this week i will finish my website, i have also made cars to leave on every hr16de car i see on the street with an url to my website, i will make nissan to fix as many engines as possible while they are under warranty and not allow them to make even more money selling you the cure for the illnes they sell.
    Name:  motor cambiado.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  96.5 KB

medio motor = half engine = short block.
    owner told me of course this will be his last nissan and car is for sale.
    i have asked him for the serial number of the new engine, he says he does not hear the knock but he really dont care, he wont drive the car anymore, is only for sale.
    asap as i have the engine number will share.

Last edited by gonzagnr; 12-20-2015 at 11:26 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    new short block is hr1674xxxxL
    he wont do the knock test, he does not care, only want to sell the car.
    is really a shame because it would be nice to know if that engine has the knock or not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Hi Matt,

Heard back from Nissan, there are a few more test they want us to run.

Is there a day you can drop the vehicle off during the week, as we need to be in discussion with Nissan tech line
    to perform these tests. Tech line is not available on the weekends

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Hi Matt,

Heard back from Nissan, there are a few more test they want us to run.

Is there a day you can drop the vehicle off during the week, as we need to be in discussion with Nissan tech line
    to perform these tests. Tech line is not available on the weekends
    Sounds familiar. Wonder what the result will be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    more tests??? lol
    is not enough to have a lot of engine replaced and also a report from one dealer saying problem is a rod knock because of bad clearence between bearings and crank???

Thanks

Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Well if you want to tell them that my car will be in at Nissan Hunt Club Wednesday night for Thursday with a list of things to be done; dash rattles in cold, head liner rattles, seatbelt still twistead, driver door alignment, loud growling noise when driving hard left and not right, including a mention that the engine still making a knocking sound around 2000 rpms when the engine is hot, windows keep freezing up .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Hi Matt,

I have next Wednesday or Thursday (13th/14th) available
    If either of those will work I will put you in then

Jennifer

Always trying to book me week out...
    In my opinion ... I should have left it there the first time, used a loaner and let them get to it when they can.
    I've lost 2 days of work so far and they want me to lose more .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I went cruising around ConsumerReport.com just for kicks and giggles. I looked up small cars to see where Nissan was rated. Nissan was never mentioned once

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Car went in to Hunt Club Nissan the other day for rattles and front passenger bearing. Got another versa note to drive around and this car is the closet thing to a no knocking sound it gets. Name:  IMG_20160107_150657.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  83.5 KBName:  IMG_20160106_171819.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  91.1 KB

Here's a video
    Last edited by jgoedhard; 01-07-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Well you can hear the rumble just not the rattle.
    I'm thinking that's the difference.

That paint can rattle sound of metal on metal clang is higher pitched and louder then that.

I hear sound like that sitting inside my car that the video hears directly under the engine.

Still it's a noise that is not common in other cars. Nissan moved my appt. to tmw.

Yeah! 4 more hours of sitting and waiting and 2 hour drive. Followed by weeks of nothing. Then more tests.

This process alone is a great way to deter ppl from getting anything fixed.

It will be the last time I get ANY service from nissan.

I can't wait to see what the out come is. If any. And the length and hassle of the outcome.

This is the exact reason why I stayed away from new cars to begin with.

I've have many "cheap cars" that cost me $1500 and maybe $500 in parts and drove for a year or so sold and got another.

That's not so easy tho these days. Used cars are $5000 and complete garbage.

So I figured... $10k used car not so bad. Still junk.

So I bought a $10k new car... Face palm. Oh well. Last car I buy. ( famous last words)