Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20151204_045505.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  91.7 KB Come back in if you're hearing the same sound at the next oil change interval.

Even saw the general manager regarding another matter but he made a copy of the report for him-self.

Last edited by jgoedhard; 12-04-2015 at 07:47 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

My next appt is this Saturday.
    I'm bringing in my proof of oil changes.
    They are conducting more test( which is odd, because I've already had a oil sample taken, and techs confirm the noise exists)
    So they are testing against micras on the lot. ( this is also odd, if the bottom end is noisey, open it up and have a look see?!?!)
    The power balance test is going to speak volumes. As soon as #2cyl power is cut and it goes quiet, game,set and match.
    We'll have indesputable proof that the hr16de #2cyl issues exist in my car and any warranty banter should be gone, as this is a Nissan factory issue, not a "modified" issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Just show them mine.

Looks similar, eh?

In it's defense. Mine is almost 3000km in, and the noise is now absent. For now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Wait.. They called it normal, and did nothing?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yup. The tech noticed it was not normal. Tested. Confirmed it was not normal. Nissan engineering says "Normal".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

What engineer in there right mind can call that sound normal.
    That's sounds like "ya, what of it? ... It was designed To do that... Duh $10k car, am I right?!? Like we gotta get you to open that wallet one way or another. "

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Howie (12-10-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    small update.
    factory havent shipped the parts yet.
    they tell me every 2 weeks that next week is the date for overhaul but nothing happens.
    studying with my lawyer if is possible to argue they are not honoring the warranty, he says is not easy because car still under warranty, but in my opinion they are playing with me.

here you have the story of another guy from mexico with a broken hr16de, throw a rod of course, 50.000 km, 3,5 years, so 0,5 year out of warranty.
    of course 99% of these engine WONT blow up while under warranty, but a rod knock is a time bomb.

here you can read the story in spanish
    http://www.opinautos.com/nissan/vers...rado-por-biela

i will translate important parts for you:
    "i was driving my nissan versa 2012 when i heard a very loud noise coming from engine, all the lights on dashboard turned on and engine stoped.
    my first impression was that something hit the oil pan because there was a lot of oil on the floor.
    when the tow truck left the car at the workshop they realized that it was a thrown rod trough the block!!!!!!!!
    i allways took good care of my car, only city driving, and is only 3.5 years old!!!!
    since that day i have demanded nissan a new short block, its been more than 2 month with no response, AND THE ENGINE IS MADE IN MEXICO, WHERE I LIVE"

with this fault, some engines will blow up sooner, other later, but the end is the same.
    and i see the factory is really giving a sh*t about their customers, not only producing faulty engines, but not sending the parts for repairs.
    also driving these cars is dangerous, imagine blowing up the engine on heavy traffic at highway speeds and loosing steering and brakes potency...
    i really regret not having bought another GM, my entire life had owned south amrican's GM (opel based), never a breakdown, never an issue, of course they are not perfect, but this problem is really insane.
    i am 200% this problem is a quality control issue because of their eagerness in saving money.
    here you can read (spanish) and article where they reveal the nissan tiida sedan does not have the metalic bumpers under the plastic ones BECAUSE NISSAN MEXICO WANT TO SAVE MONEY (they reckon this to the journalist), i think they are using same policy for engines.
    http://www.alvolante.info/nacionales...n-parachoques/
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 12-10-2015 at 11:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

So I'm here at my appt.
    they are only testing one random micra against mine.
    They swapped my exhaust to a OEM one so they could more easily isolate the specific sound during the power balance test.
    I provided them with 2 Lt of used oil from my last change.
    My used oil filters. Showed them proof of purchase via bank statement, for them. Also requested receipts from Walmart just incase cause they show exactly what was purchased. But they seem satisfied so far. I think the receipts will be required for warranty if a repair is ordered.

On a side note, I was test driving a 2015 juke. Auto unfortunately.
    Around 3000-3500 in 2nd I hear a similar noise.

I don't like the higher door sills, I do like the stiffer suspension.
    Feels the same size inside ( which is what made me choose micra over juke)
    I don't like the emergency light button where it is. I wish there was a arm
    Rest. The shifters to high. The turbo comes on slow and sluggish. I do like the 6th gear.
    I bet the manual feels a lot better tho.
    You can feel that there is more power, but also that it's very calm and smooth.

Seems like the ecu dumps fuel in after 4000rpm or later.
    Feels like turbo lag, but I think it's the stock tune.

I like the idea of 310hp vs 190hp and with 200kg+ less in a micra, I think it would pull very nicely...

Anyways. I let's see what they say about the micra.
    They are suppose to install the cabin filter with "goodwill" ( for freeeeee)
    They want me to pay for the plastic micra plate cover.
    And I don't know when they are going to fix the rattle in the roof liner.

Thanks
    You know IMPUL, what if i was to bring my micra to ur dealership and test it against yours to see that there the same :P

Thanks
    Another person has come forward to me regarding this issue that bought the car from the Hunt Club Nissan but in August 2015.

He took his car in to the Hunt Club Nissan Dec 14, 2015 and was confirmed.

Engine number *HR16*732***K
    Date of MFG is 4/15
    ODO unknown

Dealer is willing to replace the engine. Bam just like that. He said he hears it from the engine bay.

I know I get a bad feeling of being rejected too from the dealer saying "there is no engine problem" but after this and hear about someone else's feeling of being rejected, taking the leap forward even tho he's hard of hearing and hearing about that there is a problem with the engine is just mind blowing.

O the pain when I see other Micra's, Versa's and now Juke's How that other person may not know and got Ffff.

As for me I still hear it for sure, even at idle now only with a HOT engine. In my receipt from the dealer they said they "hear a little noise"* and I need to wait until the next oil change for break in. How come they didn't do this the first time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...