Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    CAMVAP has called me back and is pushing the arbitration up. If you have been to the dealer and told "no", push.
    So far I have told my dealer about the problem, arranged for them to provide me with a loaner car not rental.

After they diagnose the issue, if they DONT want to do anything but WAIT N watch, what's the next step ?
    2. Nissan Canada
    3. Camvap
    What? Can you write a step by step of the **** ladder we have to climb.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i am thinking of soon taking mine in, i hear the knocking when its warmed up and start driving. everytime i stop and start going u can hear it go knock,knock,knock.

I took mine in today. The "sound" was confirmed. Pictures were taken. Oil sample taken. A claim that I "chipped" my ecu was made, and corrected, I then saw a tech with their scanner checking another micra on the lot so I'm thinking there were double checking that..lol. But no it's not remapped or anything it was the scan gauge that made them think it was. Lol. The Nistune sticker probably doesn't help.

But in any case a report was sent to Nissan to request approval and direction on how to proceed. The waiting begins.

I asked about my missing cabin airfilter and they said base model aren't "equipt" with them. Lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well.. Oddly enough.. My noise has vanished again.. No logical reason I can come up with other then maybe something is broke in and sorted itself out.. Still kind of noisy on cold start up but every car is noisier when they are cold.

Received a package in the mail from camvap today. Very generic looking and gobs of paperwork to fill out, even after I already did it online already. Useless. I'm not going to push it further. I've still got 60,000km of warranty left and by that time if the noise gets worse, they will have to replace it later on.

As for the filter..

http://www.nissan.ca/content/dam/nis...n-micra-en.pdf

Steer them at that.

But judging by the way your dealer is treating you, sounds to me like you might have an 'abnormal normal engine noise' like I do.. Except for now mine should be called an "Intermittent abnormal normal engine noise." Or you might get the "I have brand new micras that make the exact same sound." out of them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    I asked about my missing cabin airfilter and they said base model aren't "equipt" with them. Lol.
    This not an LOL matter. When I got my car two, three months ago apon seeing my car for the very first time, I made them show me where the cabin filter was. And when it wasn't there among the mudflaps that was not in the system they ordered it and put it in a week later and told me after I bought the car that they got a memo regard a misprint of the cabin filter.

This is a health and safety matter not an LOL matter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Well.. Oddly enough.. My noise has vanished again.. No logical reason I can come up with other then maybe something is broke in and sorted itself out.. Still kind of noisy on cold start up but every car is noisier when they are cold.
    when my car was brand new, the knocking was less audible than its today.
    also some days there were less audible than others.
    in my opinion if the dealer make the cylinder disconection test and when number 2 was off noise was lower, the knock is there and it wont get fixed by itself.
    lound engine on clod startup can be piston slap, but when you shared video of your new engine i am sure i heard the valve guide noise, as i said before some hr16de are comming with defective valve guides, so you can hear a valve tapping noise, like "click click click click" or "tin tin tin tin", similar to injector noise, but more metalic.
    have that checked too.
    mine is going to be overhauled probably next week.
    will post result and share video.

about cabin air filter.
    in whole south america march, versa and note came without the filter.
    in brazil MANY people was complaining about this, and some dealers will install a compatible aire filter for free, others wont.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post

This is a health and safety matter not an LOL matter.
    I can agree it is a health matter to some but I have to disagree with the safety part. It has absolutely nothing to do with safety. If you ride a motorcycle or bicycle do you have a cabin filter? Cars in the sixties and seventies never had them and nobody crashed because of it. If you have to have a cabin filter then you have other health issues and the filter is the fix. Just saying

Thanks
    sneezing behind the wheel is a safety issue and the cabin air filter helps to prevent sneezes.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post

Received a package in the mail from camvap today. Very generic looking and gobs of paperwork to fill out, even after I already did it online already. Useless. I'm not going to push it further. I've still got 60,000km of warranty left and by that time if the noise gets worse, they will have to replace it later on.

As for the filter..

http://www.nissan.ca/content/dam/nis...n-micra-en.pdf

Steer them at that.

But judging by the way your dealer is treating you, sounds to me like you might have an 'abnormal normal engine noise' like I do.. Except for now mine should be called an "Intermittent abnormal normal engine noise." Or you might get the "I have brand new micras that make the exact same sound." out of them.
    So the response I got to telling them it's in the brochure is.
    "There is a disclaimer that the product may not be exactly as shown, and the dealer reserves the right to make changes without any notice"

I think the calls have been coming in about free cabin filters.. What do you think?
    But thanks I'll use that on them anyways.

I'll tell you this. My experience was abit better then expected, but worse then I'd hoped.
    I got a free loaner car ( p.o.s. Auto sentra )
    But didn't get a filter, got accused of modifying the ecu, had my warrenty threatened, and was almost invoiced $1.90 labour for the mandatory safety recall, (e.g the plastic by your foot).

They actually thought that I was complaining about exhaust rattling.. The engine noise

Ya.. So I mod my car, remap the ecu, drop it on imported coilovers.
    But I'd show up with an exhaust rattle and claim rod knock.. ?!?

I really couldn't have felt more insulted by them.

They didn't even fix the rattle in the roof liner. Said since it takes awhile, we'll take care of that when you come back to get the engine fixed. Which at first I was taking as a positive.. Thinking cool she feels I'm going to get it fixed.
    Then thought wait... Was that a brush off like ( pft.. Cuz that'll never happen ) type deal?

It kinda feel like "CSR" talk "sounds great!, have a nice day" = eff you, go die somewhere

I'm calling them Friday if I don't hear from them, by then .

Thanks
    I have the headliner rattle myself. My fix was a pin inserted at a 45' angle (Specifically a poppy) so that the pin touched the metla of the roof.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...