Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    You mean this noise?
    http://mymicra.com/2015%20Nissan%20M...celerating.mp3

After amplifying it, putting it through a high pass filter, amplifying it again, trimming the unnecessary bits, and listening to it on a loop, I'd have to say that could be anything; if it's the engine, could be water in the gas, or maybe just a loose heat shield...it's barely perceptible. Would have been nice had Robm6981 raised the hood, gently revved the engine, and recorded the sound from there.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    That's awesome Robm - send that to the dealership.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    So I got the car back from the dealership today and they just gave me the same old "we couldnt duplicate the Rattle/Knock noise" excuse. Now to theyre defense i drove the car around all day and it didnt make the noise at all. So fast forward to tonight, i just pulled in the drive way and wouldnt ya guess it starts making the goddamn noise. I tryed recording another video of the elusive noise with my phone and this is what i got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avE8...ature=youtu.be

I tryed taking another video after i had shut the car off and brought all my **** in from work. I had the hood up this time and it WOULD NOT make the damn noise. I dunno what the hell is going on...

I also showed the tech Alpha's wonderful video he made for me and the guy said he couldnt hear anything wrong.. after just about laughing in his face i had him get the manager of the shop too listen and he too said that he couldnt hear anything.. I just feel like these guys are blantantly ignoring my issues with this vehicle on purpose.
    Last edited by Robm6981; 10-07-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks
    Honestly from all the videos ive watched online it sounds like Rod Knocking? Im just at a loss for what to do i feel like ive been scammed out of my money from Stadium Nissan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    Honestly from all the videos ive watched online it sounds like Rod Knocking? Im just at a loss for what to do i feel like ive been scammed out of my money from Stadium Nissan
    Hey, I just listened to your latest video and I can now hear it clearly. You're right: that distant ''jack hammer'' like sound, definitely reminds me of a bad rod. Only thing is (in my experience) a bad rod sound is NOT intermittent.

Good luck man.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Robm6981 (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    I also showed the tech Alpha's wonderful video he made for me and the guy said he couldnt hear anything wrong.. after just about laughing in his face i had him get the manager of the shop too listen and he too said that he couldnt hear anything...
    Seriously? That's maddening. There is something rattling.

I'm going to assume they didn't put earphones on.

The second video is much more obvious, especially when you held the phone outside.

What about: http://www.nissan.ca/en/contact-us.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The car is back at the dealership this morning and i was finally able to get it to make the horrid noise for one of their techs when i pulled it into the shop. The shop director also heard the "Jack Hammering" noise when he was sitting at his desk lol. Theyre looking into what it could be so hopefully i will have some answer by the end of today for everyone

Thanks
    This is the invoice from the dealership today. They've finally acknowledge there's a problem with my car but now are refusing to do anything for it and are saying it's up too nissan Canada on what is going to happen. I've filed a claim through nissan canada, so now I get to wait for weeks to hear back from them! Yippee!

Wish I never would've bought this thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Robm6981 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Are they supporting your claim with Nissan? Like doing all the phoning e-mailing and such?

They think the noise is coming from the intake and they can't be bothered to have a look inside that plastic crap to see if there is a loose fetzler valve or something?

Doesn't sound encouraging those techs can't try something without handing off to big daddy Nissan.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My money is on the timing chain. My opinion is that it will get worse. My advice is to relax; you have a powertrain warranty with roadside assistance from Nissan, and the issue will likely manifest itself well before the warranty is up.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...