Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    And the winds... Kingston recorded a 55 kt / 101 km/h wind gust at noon. Rain left here this morning - just sun & wind now!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Engine knock thread

Would someone be able to give me a quick summary of what's going on? I started to go through the thread this AM but man there is a lot of info in there.

Got my 2015 S in July with 106km and not sure if mine is affected. I hear a ticking when the car is running (my brother pointed it out) but I'm unsure if it's a knocking. Currently has 4500km on it.

Thanks

Thanks
    Ticking at idle is normal - that's the noise of the dual fuel injectors.

To see if you have knocking, follow the instructions in post #256 by Anonymous:

Unofficial engine knock test procedure

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-10-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ticking at idle is normal - that's the noise of the dual fuel injectors.

To see if you have knocking, follow the instructions in post #256 by Anonymous:

Unofficial engine knock test procedure
    Thanks. I'll check it this weekend. So far I haven't heard a knock but I'm not sure what it should sound like. I'll check some YouTube videos later.

Is this something that we expect to effect all micras or just a small portion? My understanding is that new model cars always have a percentage of cars that might suck until it eventually get ironed out in later years. It's not like I have heard micras are terrible but I'm not impressed so far with the in cabin filter debacle. I wrote Nissan Canada a letter earlier in sept. I make a thread about it some point in the next week.

Also, our warranty is not terrible either. 100k, 5 years. If the knock causes significant problems for us in the future and engines start to blow up left and right I'm sure this won't go unnoticed by media when people start complaining.

We arent really beta testing these cars.
    The hr16de has been produced for many years now. But this specific one were made in mexico. And that might be the smoking gun.
    The k13 mk4 march has also been out for a few years.
    In fact they should be moving to the next gen soon.

In any case what youve said is true. If it blows up.
    We are worried that it WONT blow up until 105,000km
    While not technically working 100% the whole time, and potentially
    On the hook for all the quirks that COULD happen from all those metal shavings
    floating around and about our engines.

It could turn a "inexpensive" car into a cash cow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nissan Canada take note you punks. Someone out there please tell me your Tech Savy enough to make a video like this for all the lemon Micra's out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sVmoOZRypk

Thanks
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, very very good song, what a great idea that guy had, awesome job done with that song/video.
    i should make the spanish version about hr16de engine equipped cars.

small update, factory says HAS NO STOCK of some internal parts, so i am still waiting for the overhaul.

probably will give them until next week, if there are no good news, will call the lawyer to continue.
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 11-16-2015 at 10:59 AM. Reason: (removed text about unfounded conspiracy theory)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    Nissan Canada take note you punks. Someone out there please tell me your Tech Savy enough to make a video like this for all the lemon Micra's out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sVmoOZRypk
    i saw this yesterday, it is awesome pretty catchy lol

Thanks
    I wish there was a lemon law in canada..

And I am waiting parts.. Went to check my oil and the dipstick tube came out... I put it back in but now I have a lovely burning oil smell in my car. Rather nice... And weatherstripping.

And for the video of mine. Well.. I can hear the knock. But im not sure what a normal micra engine noise sounds like. I still hear my abnormal normal engine sound..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Seriously Canada needs to get with the fricken times already.. If we had lemon laws the first thing I would've done was get every penny back from NC for this sorry excuse they call a car.