Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGeckos View Post
    It's a "normal noise?" Right. It would appear then that nothing will be done about it then unless there is some kind of failure.
    or lawsuit

They are not honoring their warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    or lawsuit

They are not honoring their warranty.
    If the game nissan is going start playing "oh that noise... Ya thats normal" and not do anything, after they have already confirmed there is a issue with #2 cyl bearing to crank tolerance then they'd be sealing their on fate. With the recalls going on any judge who hears that noise and reads nissan comments is going to have some words with them.

That knock probably also explains the vast differences we have in mileage. I have never, under any running conditions ever seen below 6lt/100km and regularly end up around 7.7-8.1/100

If nissan says nope no problem. Id suggest taking it to a proper mechanic and have them inspect it the same way and have them write some notes. If both techs notices the same problem and only nissan suggests that "nothing should be done" that might help the lawsuit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Should take it to a competitors garage... Theyd love to throw nissan under the bus

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGeckos View Post
    It's a "normal noise?" Right. It would appear then that nothing will be done about it then unless there is some kind of failure.
    is kinda "funny" to think the moment you have the car for sale if the potential buyer hear the knock/hammering noise and you have to explain this is a "normal" noise because nissan says that, a competent person wont believe that rod knock like noise is normal, even if you have that on paper, personally wont buy that car.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Should take it to a competitors garage... Theyd love to throw nissan under the bus
    yes.
    i have also considered myself that option, if i have to continue lawsuit because overhaul result is not good, i will do that.
    i think they cant do any advertisement with this information, but sure they can tell about this problem to potential customers and prevent them of byuing cars equipped with this engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    is kinda "funny" to think the moment you have the car for sale if the potential buyer hear the knock/hammering noise and you have to explain this is a "normal" noise because nissan says that, a competent person wont believe that rod knock like noise is normal, even if you have that on paper, personally wont buy that car.
    You hit it right on the head there Gonza. That is the exact issue I am troubled with because my car is worth (according to the black book) 7k. Well.. Who's going to buy it with a bum engine. No one with half a brain. So my car now has zero resale value. And the word is getting out. I looked into getting a trade in for a mitsubishi and my trade was declined, and the same with Chevrolet. So now I'm stuck in it.

The noise has still not surfaced yet. We will see what happens. But as the word gets out, our resale will tank.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This is just like the forum I can't join, let alone just to see that it is only exclusively for dealers that buys/install 10 remote starters worth in 3 month period and wouldnt share their secrets on howto's for roll up the windows while pushing the lock botton for more then 3 secs but instead just for dealerships.
    Last edited by jgoedhard; 10-28-2015 at 08:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    exactly.
    here is starting to happen the same, more and more people is starting to put their marchs/versa sedan/note for sale, some of them with only 2k km, INSANE, i was told its happening the same in other south american countries.
    nobody (at least 98% wont) wil spend 20k american dollars on a march (26k on versa note) and have it for sale 2 month later or less.
    i really wish engine overhaul goes well so i can get rid of it asap before the word gets out and its too late, i really hope you and other members can get a good solution, i will keep you updated when the overhaul is done, probably next week.
    in any case if that goes well and i sell the car, i will continue ahead with the card on windshield plan and my website, because many people wont notice the knock and is not fair if their engines blow up for this reasson out of warranty.

ps. Anonymus, in any free time, can you record another video from under the oil pan with warm engine?? i really want to hear it after you had it those days at the dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Interesting that the competition knows about it.
    Youd think they'd be itching at the chance to take away from nissans sales and get you into a domestic.
    Whats funny is the sales guy tried to say after 30month it would still be worth $78xx.xx
    Apparently not. That kinda cheeses me off. With this issue these cars will be worthless next year. ( few months )
    They are going to have to do something.

Thanks
    Yup.. yes gonz.. Ill do another video once the weather improves. Weve got the rains of the hurricane formerly known as patricia here right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    wow, i heard the hurricane was at mexico, thank god was no tas severe as they thought was going to be.
    then hit US, the F1 grand prix was affected also, but I never imagine it had moved on as far north to the point to reach Canada.
    hope the weather improves soon.