Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Ya mate. Ive just been so busy lately. We need a car wash bay thats quiet. Cawthra n queensway .. U know where that is?
    Txt me

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Ya mate. Ive just been so busy lately. We need a car wash bay thats quiet. Cawthra n queensway .. U know where that is?
    Txt me
    Ya bro I do I will text u

Thanks
    anyone have updates on anything?

Thanks
    I got a call from the dealer asking how is everything going and I told her that the engine is still knocking. She said that I'd be getting a call from the service manager but I have yet to receive that call. This was a week ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    in my case parts are coming from factory to the dealer.
    probably next week will be here.
    all brand new internals, rods, pistons, rings, bearings, caps, crankshaft, etc, only posible solution is the overhaul, engines are still coming deffective from the factory, work will take a week, will be done very carefully, inspecting and measuring everything.
    dealer requested nissan mexico to tell them since which engine number problem is solved, no reply from them, just pure silence.
    i am very skeptical about this, because, i dont get how the factory is not able to build a good working engine, and using same parts dealer will be able to do that, but we will see, if engine still knocks after overhaul, will continue ahead with lawsuit proving they are unable to fix this crap.
    if engine does not knock, sell the car asap and pick up the swift sport zc32s i booked last week.

jgoedhard please keep us posted with any news, it will be nice to hear what they have to say after new engine still knocks.
    Also would be nice to hear from Anonymus, if he confirms his engine knocks less than before, it probably had some internals replaced while it was at the dealer.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-26-2015 at 10:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Ah.. I almost forgot..

This arrived in the post the other day..

(Just a note, no charges came to me.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-27-2015)

Thanks
    LOL, cylinder 2 again, of course is a rod knock on cylinder 2.
    so they are telling you is a normall noise right??? wow great, well done, thumbs up to the dealer (sacarstic), they have a rod knock in front of them but is normal, yeah great.
    do you still think engine is knocking a little less than before taking the car??? or was just placebo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The dealer hears it. Nissans engineering is the ones saying its a normal noise.. Thats why the tech put it in quotation marks. He doesnt think its normal.

Ive become used to the noise. It seems to be less and it doesnt seem to be getting any worse. *knock on wood.*

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i understand.
    of course if you perform cylinder desconection test and knocking is less audible on any cylinder there is a problem there, thumbs up for the tech.
    what a shame nissan is not being honest with you and with the dealer.

Thanks
    It's a "normal noise?" Right. It would appear then that nothing will be done about it then unless there is some kind of failure.