Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    This is the only one I know of...

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

I haven't tried it, but I think Tim (Daox) has used it to figure out best oil change intervals on his car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You're right, it's not the same, at least with a brand new car you still have a warranty and you don't have to pay from you own pocket, which we had to do. I would rather have it come out from the begining than right after the warranty is over.

It's not my first Nissan experience either. When I lived in California we had a Nissan Altima and never had a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    But complaining/comparing about a 6 year old vehicle needing repairs as opposed to a Brand new 0km on the odometer vehicle is not the same at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Has this issue been fixed or is it still an issue on the micra S or are there still new cases I am planning on picking up a new micra next week and am questioning it now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to efoulds For This Useful Post:

Robm6981 (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by efoulds View Post
    Has this issue been fixed or is it still an issue on the micra S or are there still new cases I am planning on picking up a new micra next week and am questioning it now
    New cases are coming forward regularly. Nissan Canada has not acknowledged there is an issue, they just swap the faulty engines out and hope that's the end of it. In my case I just ended up with another knocker. Definately something to think about before you play russian roulette with your money. If I could go back to the day I got the car id turn around and walk right out that Nissan dealership so fast it wouldn't even be funny. This is from my personal experience. Other user's have had different experiences.
    Last edited by Robm6981; 10-12-2015 at 12:54 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Robm6981 For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    You could print off this thread and show it to the dealer if they asked why. Maybe a bit of pressure from the dealerships up would force Nissan's hand to a solution.

If your someone like Pete, the way he's doing it is actually very smart. He can wind that thing out all the way to 99,000kms, go into nissan and get his engine replaced with a fresh one just before the warranty goes out and maybe by that time they will have a solution to the issue.

But, if no one does complain about the issue, then Nissan wont know a problem exists, or how in depth the problem is- realistically speaking, none of us truly know how many micra's are affected outside of the forum. Even with me taking the weekend off, Ive lost how many have the issue.

I think what we need is more people that say they have the issues heading into dealerships to complain about it.

It would be kind of cool if we could have a running poll with the fields:

Do you think your micra has engine knock?
    -Yes, Engine Replaced
    -Yes, Reported to Dealer
    -Yes, but i'm waiting.
    -Maybe, I think I hear it
    -Maybe, Dealer says its something else
    -No, I have done the test with no sound
    -No, I haven't done the test because I dont hear anything.
    -Indifferent/Not concerned.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-12-2015 at 05:11 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Anyone running on Full-Synthetic engine oil with the engine knocking problem?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I brought my car in today to Nissan Hunt Club and got a Versa Note as a loaner that also has a HR16DE engine doing the exact same knocking. The Versa Note only has 145 KM on it. I will post a video once the wind dies down.

Name:  IMG_20151013_164718.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  87.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jgoedhard For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-13-2015),MetroMPG (10-14-2015),Robm6981 (10-13-2015)

Thanks
    The notes have also been found to have the same issue. We need to start discussion with the note forum fellas about this.

Well then.. Time to begin campaign #2...
    Last edited by Howie; 10-13-2015 at 06:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What's campaign #2?

Thanks
    That's the tricky part. I think phase 2 will be emailing the manufacturer directly, to try to get some kind of dialog going.

- Sent a message to Nissan Canada On facebook.
    - Sent a message to Nissan Canada at Customer.service@nissancanada.com

^ Apparently not. Seems that the email address doesn't work. Odd considering it came off Nissan's website.. Anyone got a legit address?

Last edited by Howie; 10-13-2015 at 10:07 PM.