Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Im hoping im just hearing the heat shield or something else.
    Or I might be another victim.
    From about 1800-2500 i can hear rattling from my drivers seat. I need a adult. Lol
    Maybe l1ghtingchris ? You wanna test our cars together?
    lets do it, i can test with u and post a video of results.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    L1ghtninchris, I do hear it between 2:24-2:50 in your video. I have a feeling the more users that have this brought to their attention and do the knock test the more people are going to realize there's something seriously wrong with their engines. The only problem is ive noticed every engine reported with the problem has had it in varying degree's in regards to how loud the knock is, which will make it more difficult for the ones that can barely perceive it such as in L1ghtninchris's case. I think its something you need to be looking or listening for to find unless its one of the really bad cases with a loud persistent knock. The regular person is not going to think anything is wrong until its brought to light for them. I want to have business cards printed up or something with all this info about the knock test and put them on every Micra i see in public to try and bring awareness to the situation. This is just such a mess.
    ya i wouldnt have been aware without this forum. Driving daily I cant hear anything wrong and everything seems fine but doing that "knock" test there is wierd knocking sounds at 2000-2500RPM. If me and IMPUL test our cars one at a time together to hear sound i will surely make a video and upload again for all too see

Thanks
    Looking foreward to it man. Also please stop into your dealers too and tell them, the more complaints that come up to Nissan, the better the chances they will fix it.

If any of you guys happen to be in the belleville area, or are passing through, please PM me and ill give you my cell number if you are unsure. My dealership here as well is very familiar with the noise if your dealership isnt quite onboard.

What Im sayin is, if your in my neck of the woods, give me a shout, and Ill help you figure it out man.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Looking foreward to it man. Also please stop into your dealers too and tell them, the more complaints that come up to Nissan, the better the chances they will fix it.

If any of you guys happen to be in the belleville area, or are passing through, please PM me and ill give you my cell number if you are unsure. My dealership here as well is very familiar with the noise if your dealership isnt quite onboard.

What Im sayin is, if your in my neck of the woods, give me a shout, and Ill help you figure it out man.
    ya man for sure, id make the drive if it is a problem and could get it resolved if my dealer wouldnt do anything about it.

If i was to go to dealership how abouts do i say the problem and stuff lol. I recently emailed them about the "missing" cabin air filter that was never even in the car that they told me needs replaced and going to get one put in for free xD

Thanks
    Just be straight up. Tell them you suspect rod knock from #2 cylinder between 17-2500 rpm.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Wow does it ever rattle/knock loud in that rpm range in first gear.
    Last edited by jgoedhard; 10-07-2015 at 08:39 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    yep, first and second gear is were the knock is more noticeable, among with the "knock test".
    first gear is more noticeable than second.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Ya thats where i hear noise. 1st and 2nd same rev range.
    I usually dont even hear it. 1 because racekar, 2 music, 3 im not betwwen 1700-2500 very long.

If im doubling idle 800 ( suppose to be 650 ) then im engaging 1st 1200-1600 then it fully engaged 1500-2000. Anything above 1/4 throttle shoots thur that next 500-1000 rpm quickly.. So i never get a chance to take it in fully.

I have been paying attention lately. I have noticed it earlier, but sluffed it off as some other rattle.

Now im starting to think other wise. Which means if it is, and its the same noise its been like that since new :O

Not cool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    sorry to hear you probably have the knock too.
    according to technical tip posted on page 18, problem comes from factory, bad rod bearing/rod cap size, producing rod knock, so knock in most cases comes since car is brand new, insane.
    also there is a guy in the states that says his versa started knocking at 35k miles (i my opinion car was knocking since brand new, but it was one of those engines that knock very little) but after some mileage the knock ALLWAYS increases a little, so he noticed it.
    Had the engine replaced, and new engine started knocking according to him at 15k miles, after that, sold the car.
    a video from under oil pan with warm engine will be great.
    hope you can test it with L1ghtninchris.
    Also will be nice to have a video from any memeber who think his car is knock free and have a look (and indeed, FIND A KNOCK FREE ENGINE, haha).
    And video from Rob's new engine from under oil pan would be nice to hear.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I never heard it like that before. I had to manually select only the first gear or the auto transmission would shift just right at the rattle sound and never notice it if it was on D. Any person listening to it like that would say something is wrong. So strolling around parliament during lunch time in 1st gear would get some attention or I might make the problem worse.

Last edited by jgoedhard; 10-08-2015 at 08:13 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...