Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    2:24, 2:45 I'm hearing it. I believe you could be #7. Someone else want to have a listen and verify what Im thinking?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Double post, please delete this message
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-05-2015 at 05:10 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    2:24, 2:45 I'm hearing it. I believe you could be #7. Someone else want to have a listen and verify what Im thinking?
    2.10-3.00
    2.42 and 2.48 CLEAR hammer noise.
    thats my opinion....
    if you (and any member) want to be 100% sure, go to a bosch car/diesel service where they have a bosch kts diagnostic tool.
    in the diagnostic features of the tool you have one called cylinder disconect, engine will run on 3 cylinders, you can cut one by one, this tool allows to rev the engine while runing on 3 cylinders (i was told nissan tool doest not allow to accelerate, only idle).
    if hammer noise is greatly reduced when cylinder 2 is disconected, there you go, same rod knock problem like us.
    I recommend to all forum members to get the "knock test" done.
    i am 200% sure we will be astonished with the results.
    ps. double post, please admin delete my above message.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-05-2015 at 08:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Uhm.. For the Canadian folks.. You'll find that at a VW dealer maybe. But just take it to Nissan. In the meantime, more videos folks. Give it a shot on yours, we are bound to find a normal one.

As for mine. Goes back into the shop tomorrow morning.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    hope they dont tell you is normal lol, because since is almost brand new, knock is not that severe, of course after some mileage knock will become more severe like it was your old engine, or like L1ghtninchris is now or like mine.
    i have to add that bosch kts is a multi brand diagnostic tool, it has almos all nissan cars, you have to select nissan juke 117hp model and there you go, you can conect with the micra ecu and perform all the test.

Thanks
    L1ghtninchris, I do hear it between 2:24-2:50 in your video. I have a feeling the more users that have this brought to their attention and do the knock test the more people are going to realize there's something seriously wrong with their engines. The only problem is ive noticed every engine reported with the problem has had it in varying degree's in regards to how loud the knock is, which will make it more difficult for the ones that can barely perceive it such as in L1ghtninchris's case. I think its something you need to be looking or listening for to find unless its one of the really bad cases with a loud persistent knock. The regular person is not going to think anything is wrong until its brought to light for them. I want to have business cards printed up or something with all this info about the knock test and put them on every Micra i see in public to try and bring awareness to the situation. This is just such a mess.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    The regular person is not going to think anything is wrong until its brought to light for them. I want to have business cards printed up or something with all this info about the knock test and put them on every Micra i see in public to try and bring awareness to the situation. This is just such a mess.
    i am currently doing that, with my home printer and papers (instead of cards) FOR THAT REASSON, 95% of people WONT notice the knock, as i sad at the begining of this thread that i was sure this was HUGE problem, and many memeber of this forum said i was wrong, that it was imposible, that i was trying to attack nissan, etc, i am sure the more people perform the knock test, the more accurate my statement will be.
    Go ahead with the cards, put the url of this forum and tell them to enter engine sub forum and to this thread.
    i am finishing my website in spanish (can put a page for language selection at the begining if you want) with all my videos and information i have found on internet, my idea is to put the url of my website on the pepers and leave one on each hr16de car i see, so owners can see all the information and get the car repaired before warranty ends, because with this failure, result is rod out of block, and a new engine is not cheap, and is not fair, because car came faulty since brand new and of course dealer wont tell people this.

Thanks
    Well gents.. wish my poor micra luck. Tomorrow morning she goes in for round 2. Defects reported. Suspect Rod Knock, Rattle in interior at idle with car in drive.

Its interesting to see all these videos appearing on youtube... very interesting indeed.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-05-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks
    You know the election is right around corner. We could do some serious damage if this information got out to the right people in time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nissan dealer confirms.. Engine needs replacment.