Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks

Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan

Anon - that's frustrating.

Those who have the knock and feel they're not getting fair treatment from a car company (meaning, not getting the repair) might want to check out: http://www.camvap.ca/ (Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan)

They occasionally rule that a company has to buy back a car, but you don't get full pop. They still do depreciation/usage calcs.

More info about CAMVAP from CBC:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lemo...have-1.2951106

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have a humble request.

Could someone that has a non-knocking micra, please, please please shoot a similar video so that I can compare an apple to an apple before I start shooting off my mouth. Perhaps engine #2 sounds normal and Im just accustomed to hearing it.

It could be possible. Im just trying to cover all the bases here.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-04-2015 at 08:15 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Yes, let's keep this thread factual, avoid profanity & attacks on the company

^ Anon, not a bad idea.

--

FYI, on the topic of keeping this thread civil, I have just gone through 100+ of the latest posts and edited some to remove arguably slanderous comments made toward Nissan that could get ME in legal trouble (since the forum is the "publisher" of everyone's comments).

So, let's PLEASE keep this thread factual, and stick to information that we have experienced, documented and how Nissan has responded (or not).

No more speculation about cover-ups, what Nissan Canada may or may not know about the extent of the problem, etc.

FYI: I am ALL FOR sharing these engine problems in the forum. If this helps other owners with the same issue get a resolution, that's ideal.

Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015),ptbo micra (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    ok, so I took the "Private, unlisted" tags off the youtube videos so they are now public so they can be more easily found for everyone. If NC would like to view them and are watching the address is here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPi...U-J-egOMiwKiDg

The good part of this is you can easily click the bottom video to hear the first engine, the damaged one. The middle one is a video that is high def of the second engine, and the top video is the "Readers Digest" condensed and corrected version of the middle video.

If someone can please come foreward with a video of a "Normal" engine in the same method, ill add it to the channel if I can.

Ill be phoning the dealership tomorrow to make and appointment to see if I can get her in again. Its going in for an odd rattle unrelated to this. But maybe they will find the knock on their own.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-04-2015 at 11:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Anonymus, really sad to hear your second engine is knocking.
    is not knocking as bad as the old one but it has 30k km less, over that course the knock will get more severe for sure.
    on this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5mZEzG5Mfc
    at 3.44 a tapping noise can be heard... i bet you dont know what it is, or you think is normal..
    well... IS NOT.
    some hr16 among with the rod knock problem have some valve guide problems, entire cylinder head has to be replaced.
    my engine does NOT have that problem, will upload a video showing how it sounds, but i have heard in person engines with that problem, i am 99% sure your new engines has it, also at the end of the video rod knock is very noticeable.
    the other 1% is piston slap, hr16de also suffers from that, was outside temperature cold?? if it was 15ºc or more, is not piston slap, is the valve problem.
    about the oil, here nissan uses 100% synthetic oil, 5w30, rod knock everywere for everybody lol.
    is not an oil problem, is a lack of quality.
    i have always requested to members that have non knocking engines to share videos, glad to see you are also requesting this.
    try to push nissan to buy the car back, is not worth it and is not fair to keep screwing a brand new car in the workshop, this is a brand new car not a 200k miles 10 year car.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-05-2015 at 01:35 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm gunna make a video for u all hopefully it is ok, I have a 2015 nissan micra Sr since July 2014, I just passed 40,000 km and I drive my car daily. Also started doing delivery daily with my car all day almost everyday since July this year, I don't think mine has any knocking sound I just hear ticking sounds which I think is the belt? Will post video soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to L1ghtninchris For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    For reference here is my engine number Idk what these numbers mean but here u go
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  14.4 KB

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L1ghtninchris View Post
    For reference here is my engine number Idk what these numbers mean but here u go
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  14.4 KB
    is says hr16*73???
    and las letter is G or J???
    if posible remember to record from under the oil pan, like anonymus did to have a good comparison, and remember, engine must be at operating temperature, 20 minutes at idle is enough, or driving for 10-12 minutes and idle 1 or 2 more.
    then very gently press accelerator until rpm are at 2500, then, remove a little foot from pedal until rpm drop to 1900 and then accelerate again, repeat the procces several times, always with little load on pedal, and never lift off completely foot from pedal
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-05-2015 at 01:36 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    is says hr16*73???
    and las letter is H or G???
    if posible remember to record from under the oil pan, like anonymus did to have a good comparison, and remember, engine must be at operating temperature, 20 minutes at idle is enough, or driving for 10-12 minutes and idle 1 or 2 more.
    then very gently press accelerator until rpm are at 2500, then, remove a little foot from pedal until rpm drop to 1900 and then accelerate again, repeat the procces several times, always with little load on pedal, and never lift off completely foot from pedal
    It is HR16*731651J it's a J as far as I see, for the video I made it I can do another one letting it idle for 15mins I just came back from a delivery do it's been driven, just sitting 5mins in this video I can also try again under oil pan. Keep in mind if this makes a difference Idk it's been 14,000 since my last oil change suppose to be every 8,000 oops been busy. I checked the dip stick after and my oil is like half

http://youtu.be/mPHxpNSz91Q

13. The Following User Says Thank You to L1ghtninchris For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015)