Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Ughhh thats unbelievable Anonymous. My second engine is knocking aswell but its not as bad as your new one. I want to bring it back and get it replaced again but at this point i dont even know if its worth the hassel. What's your next plan of action are you going to bring it back to be replaced again lol? I feel like if the service manager tries to argue about it with me about replacing it im going to see red and just go straight ape **** on him. I dont know what to do anymore man, i just feel like all of this is falling of deaf ears.

Last edited by Robm6981; 10-04-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks
    Calling Nissan will be the first step. Im just so angry. I haven't even driven the second engine long enough to do it's first oil change man. Ill take a better video now that the wind has died down some today.

I think part of it is disbelief. I'm pretty sure the knock will have to get worse before they will warranty it. But at this stage in the game I am so fed up with this issue I'm ready to set it on fire. (No, not really.) Its a weird mixture of anger because I know the questions going to come up about me abusing the car or something. I'm a professional driver, driver instructor and examiner. I know how to drive.

Im not looking foreward to the battle ahead.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Rob and Ano, Are you using Full Synthetic Engine Oil or just what they gave?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hopefully there is a response from either CTV or CBC. It may get Nissan in line with their dealers and get them to take some kind of corrective action other than replacing engines as the knock arrives. Nissan has been proud of continual growth in Canada and this is the press they would not want. I would hope attention from media would get them in action without resulting in a huge battle that goes public. Then again, an engine recall WILL be public. Nissan is in a tight place now, if they are not sweating, they should be.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I am using regular. Whatever the dealership puts into the engine. After all, It is under warranty... XD

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ptbo, Im really hoping so. I have been looking at the competition's offerings. Sadly tho, when they hear the engine has been replaced (VW specifically) The resale tanks. Best offer for my S model was 5k. I think I owe around 12k on mine.

Actually. Proof is in the puddin. Here is the puddin.

Supplied by :

Nissan Canada Inc.

Valid until : October 5, 2015
    Your trade-in estimate based on :

Vehicle : 2015 Nissan Micra S 5D Hatchback at
    Kilometres : 35800
    Options :

Low † : $5,642
    High † : $7,292

† Less reconditioning costs

Click here to review valuable considerations about your trade-in estimate values.
    v7059, Copyright © 2011 Canadian Black Book

Really, really puts me upside down with negative equity to get rid of the Micra. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. - Im screwed on this car unless nissan takes i back without taking a major hit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Is there a special break in oil that Nissan is using? With the replacement motor, would the dealership have used it?
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    We have replacement engines knocking already? They never fixed mine yet. This is depressing. You mean there is a chance that I may get another defective engine to replace the one I have now? Poor engineering or quality control. Nissan is in a bad place, this is true but if they don't do something soon they will quickly get the reputation as being a non quality car manufacturer to be avoided. Then sales will drop a lot. I wonder in a few years how the people who don't notice or test their car for this knock will feel after the warranty runs out and they have to pay big bucks to get their car fixed. Nissan has no excuse now... can't claim it isn't happening.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo micra View Post
    Is there a special break in oil that Nissan is using? With the replacement motor, would the dealership have used it?
    Im not sure honestly. It could deifnitally be possible. I always used lubriplate 105 on the engine bits that needed it.. But that was because the manual said to do so.

Thanks

This video has much, much less wind noise. (oh, and apparently my buns are moldy)

Last edited by Howie; 10-04-2015 at 06:39 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015)