Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    well done nissan, another brand new car with the engine replaced.
    jgoedhard, i know this is an horrorific situation, i dont know what to say, at least they reckon the problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Right on J..

I'm noticing there isn't much hesitation for engine replacements. They must know about it, maybe they are trying to figure out how to handle this.

Not a peep out of Ctv. Where should we aim next?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nevermind. I picked. Just sent it off to CBC marketplace.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Should make a flyer up to pass on to other drivers and start spreading the word. A Google doc with sharing ability.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Just an administrative reminder to keep things in this thread factual. Please do share information collected, but please refrain from straight up insults and profanity aimed at any users or at nissan as an entity.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    What's been said that has not been factual? Gonz saying they're producing a ****ty vehicle? I dont get why we cant state how we feel about a corporation thats given multiple of us the shaft and done nothing about reconciling the problem. If anything im hoping people coming to this forum looking to get a micra will see the complaints on this thread and steer clear of this potential disaster. We've stated nothing but fact and truth from our experiences with this car. Please dont try and defend Nissan Canada on this issue.
    Last edited by Robm6981; 10-03-2015 at 04:31 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robm6981 For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Im going to have to side with Robm on this one, ptbo. Nissan has had multiple opportunities to step up and talk to us, and explain the issue and how they intend to fix it. There is nothing preventing them from contacting us in any way or joining the forum. Even calls to Nissan Canada are met with the familiar "Oh we had no record of this."

Well. Too bad. We are angry about the issue. We are bringing the media into this- That being said, yes. Keep the profanity down as much as you can in case they want to use quotes so we don't look bad. However, don't hold back either. Let them know how angry we are. Start costing them sales. Get people asking questions.

I like nissan as much as the next guy. Maybe more. But when you screw up, you step up and make it right. You find out what the problem is, you fix it so it doesn't happen again and you make amends with the guy you did wrong so you save your own face. You man up and admit you have an issue and you fix it.

What we have here is bandaids and prayers that we keep our yaps shut and keep quiet. There isnt a posted solution- or answer to why this even happens. (at least not officially) Is this going to happen to all HR16DE? I think considering we purchased this car for 15-20k, I would like an answer from nissan as to weither or not Im going to have to drop a new engine into this car every few years or did they fix the fault because it seems to me from where I sit, they just toss in a new engine and hope that one doesnt have the same issue.

This thread has over 35,000 views. Some of them are us. Some of them are potential buyers that most likely bought something else. The first non-corporate site you find when you type in nissan micra is here... Balls in your court nissan. Start doing some damage control and turn the irate customers into good ones by tossing them a bone or something.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-03-2015 at 04:43 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-04-2015),Robm6981 (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Notice I said no insults or profanity? You can state a car being produced is sub par without resorting to profane language. I'm not asking anyone not to share opinions, but keep it civil. I'm not asking anyone to stop sharing facts collected here, I'm asking that everyone share their opinions intelligently and not throw insults or profanity in to it.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks

So.. I apologize for the wind noise but mother nature is being a pest.

Now I think I'm earning the right to be royally angry.
    Last edited by Howie; 10-03-2015 at 08:23 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Woow, and this is with the 88 series engine correct?
    I'm starting to think this would be a good way to get free oil changes with every engine change every six months.

Last edited by jgoedhard; 10-03-2015 at 08:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...