Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Ok, in that case I see your point. I had a 71 series engine. Now I have an 88 series and it seems to be knock free.

Where the hell is nissan in this mix. I want the warranty extended, or I want to trade this in on a new one without penalty. Or at the very least, they should be compensating us in some way.

Heat sheild fell off, wheel bearing pooched, complete engine replacement, 1 recall over a bit of plastic..

My first year of ownership has been very.. very bad. And Ive probably cost nissan about 10 sales as when people ask me what I think, I tell them what has gone in the first year. Needless to say, they dont buy.

Last edited by Howie; 09-30-2015 at 11:35 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My new engine is a 75H series and it seems to have a very minor knock but nothing that's super audible like the old engine. Not sure what series the one i had replaced was.

Thanks
    I completely agree with you Anonymous that Nissan really needs to be stepping up to the plate here and making it right with all the affected customers. I also own a 2013 Nissan Titan that cost me close too $45,000 plus this micra which was $16,000 so ive given my fair share to this company.. Needless to say i wont be purchasing another new vehicle from Nissan from all the headaches that have come from this car and will be turning everyone i can away from the brand. Cost them as much money as possible until they can find some accountability.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robm6981 For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Gentlemen, I have sent the first shot. Attached is a letter I have sent to CTV News w5. Hopefully you will do the same. I didnt want it to come to this, but it seems we have little choice.

Good evening W5 and its crew.

I would like to steer your attention to a particular subject that I and some other Canadians are dealing with that could use some attention to prevent others from falling into a similar issue.

The “Cheapest car in Canada” is the Nissan Micra at the moment. Many people have purchased these vehicles, and some of us have joined an online forum where we share our ownership experience. These little cars are aimed at people with low incomes, coming out of college, or people who seem to be wise with their money.

We have discovered an alarming trend. Of 100 members of the forum in Canada, 6 of us have required full engine replacements at under 30,000 kilometers, with some members having symptoms as early as 750km. As awareness of the problem increases, more and more people are appearing everyday and coming fore ward with the issue.

2 Members have seen wheel bearing failures, and 2 have had heat shields falling off the cars as well.

We have suspicion that Nissan Canada could be watching the forum, as a recall came out to shortly after noticing that his footwear became trapped on a trim panel above the gas pedal. With the engine issue, Nissan has sat mum, not offering any thoughts, or offers to work with customers. They simply replace the engine.

The problem with having to replace the engine is that the owner can no longer place confidence in the vehicle. As well the resale value of the vehicle tanks, trapping the owner in a car with questionable reliability. There is no known solution to the issue. We would like compensation. A warranty extension would be nice on those affected to renew faith in the replacement engines, or perhaps a trade up/rebuy of the vehicle.

Further to this, our sister forums have notice similar issues with their HR16DE engines in their cars. And micras from around the world have been experiencing the same issue. We are more then happy to work with Nissan Canada to resolve the issue and rebuild trust as we don’t want to see the brand turn out to be like FCA or GM.

W5, we could use your help in getting this issue resolved. I would be happy to be interviewed and I am sure more of my fellow micra owners would be as well. Nissan can turn this around, and show that they want to give us a good deal, or a good offer and save face, or they can continue to sit quietly and let the public formulate their own opinion.

Keep in mind, we are not being slanderous, we are showing the facts.

Forum link for general info:
    http://micra-forum.com/

Link to the specific engine failure thread.
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...lved%29/page30

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-02-2015),Robm6981 (10-01-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    i wont be purchasing another new vehicle from Nissan from all the headaches that have come from this car and will be turning everyone i can away from the brand.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    My new engine is a 75H series and it seems to have a very minor knock but nothing that's super audible like the old engine. Not sure what series the one i had replaced was.
    Rob, if you listen the video of the loan car you where given while your engine was replaced, you will notice that engine was also knocking but much lower than yours car engine.

Anonymus, very informative letter you wrote.
    Really hope the ctv news investigate this issue and push nissan to compensate customers.
    The heat shield and wheel bearing is a very very common problem, wheel bearing going down with 10-15k tells you how bad the quality of the car is.
    Also there is the iddle/stalling problem, is very common here, and is not fuel related.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have sent your letter into CTV News W5 aswell anonymous. Hopefully we can get some more of us reporting it and they will see its a problem worth looking into.

Thanks
    I hope you put your own name. Lol

Thanks
    don't forget Facebook, tweet, Market Place and Go Public
    Last edited by jgoedhard; 10-01-2015 at 09:21 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well. One thing at a time.. If we don't hear back from ctv, then we will move onto the next one.

Thanks
    Today I recieved a follow up "feedback" regarding my service appointment i had on Wednesday and I responded how it was not safe driving around with this engine problem the can cut power while driving on the highway or mid way through a turning lane at an intersection. And they responded

Hubert E
    2 Oct 2015, 15:38
    To:
    JGOEDHARD
    cc:dtavazoei
    Afternoon,

I had sent a video clip of your jack hammer noise to Nissan. They have got back to me and have instructed us to have the engine replaced.

They will be sending us one. As soon as it arrives we will contact to have it fitted. I will make sure you have a vehicle also.

Hubert E

Service Manager

Hunt Club Nissan

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...