Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    Mine is manual.
    the problem is the engine, you can find knocking engines with any transmision
    I know the problem is the engine and I also know that Robm6981 and Anon have autos. So let me revise the question. Are the Knocking engines in North america all on autos? I am just trying to weed out some possibilities as far as the engine allotment goes as I read in this thread that the engines in some countries are yet to produce this knock. I have personally heard Anon's knock I know it's real. I have way over 50000 k's of hard driving on mine and no knock. Perhaps the south american March/Micra got the same batch of rod bearings as the north american micras with auto who knows except nissan for sure.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know the problem is the engine and I also know that Robm6981 and Anon have autos. So let me revise the question. Are the Knocking engines in North america all on autos? I am just trying to weed out some possibilities as far as the engine allotment goes as I read in this thread that the engines in some countries are yet to produce this knock. I have personally heard Anon's knock I know it's real. I have way over 50000 k's of hard driving on mine and no knock. Perhaps the south american March/Micra got the same batch of rod bearings as the north american micras with auto who knows except nissan for sure.
    i will ask some versa users that had the knock in USA and let you know which transmision had on their cars.
    a guy in mexico has a march manual also knocking since brand new, late 2014 model, 4 injector engine.
    here 2015 models are still knocking, the oldest model i tested here was a very late 2013 model, knocking of course, so more than 1.5 years after and still knocking on all models equipped with hr16de, note with 8 injectors, march, versa and tiida 4 door (think is not sold there, these 3 uses 4 injectors only).
    on other spanish language forums i know of 2012 versas manual transmision with the knock, 4 injector engines, will ask for auto and let you know, but i also think there was one auto.
    here you have 2 videos of people from other forum
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JihBbsoTa44
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJe-AgM2Vw
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 08-11-2015 at 05:24 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzagnr For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (08-11-2015)

You would think it would be the opposite. Since so few manuals are in canada.

The thing we should be looking for/at is engine code and manufacturing date/location.

Anon and robm what are your production dates? Whats the serial number of the engine itself.

If we find that the dates and factory are close or the same that could tell us alot!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Pete (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Exactly the location I believe are all the same but the date and serial number would likely answer some questions. Nissan would know by now how and why this is happening to these engines. They could have bought the part in question from a vendor they have used for years without an issue and then for whatever reason they get an issue.

Thanks
    Engine has arrived, but they can't install it till next week.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Engine has arrived, but they can't install it till next week.
    hope new engine finally work good anoynmus.
    how many miles does your car has at present??
    your engine is knocking since brand new or you have one of the ones that started knocking after some mileage??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yay progress finally... kinda.

Thanks
    April 2014 and the engine number is *HR-16*71663J - If that's the engine number. I noticed it on the flange that the engine bolts onto.

Local dealership has said it will take a day to install... So its getting dropped off Tuesday night and we will see how long it takes.. Seems a bit fast to me, but for all I know, this thing could be like the old chevy I had.. 4 hoses, 18 bolts, 2 harnesses and she lifts out. We will see!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Mine is *HR16* 820230j but I don't see a date. I do notice that mine has six digits after the hr16 and before the j where yours has five.
    Last edited by Pete; 08-15-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks
    mine is hr16-773244h
    another guy in chile that has a july 2014 that is not knocking at least by now.
    i will ask his number tomorrow and post.
    pete, when did you buy the car??? 2014?? 2015?? which month?? to have at least an idea