Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Anonymous, after having new engine installed check it does not have the knock, because on another thread on this forum another user has its engine replaced and the new one was knocking too.
    i suppose new engine has a new warranty right??
    i think is not a matter of time for one of those engines to start knocking again, is a matter of milleage i guess (and luck), because as i said before a guy in us with a versa the stock engine started knocking around 25k miles, and the new one at 15k miles.
    in my case this week my lawer will start all the legal procces to try to get a full refund, because car came faulty from fractory, since brand new, i did not pay for that, nobody told me it was going to be that way, it was a "hidden bonus".
    also i am finishing a website with all the information i have about this problem for trying to prevent people to buy a potentially faulty brand new car, i will share when finished.
    as an interesting information the hr16 engine was designed by a company named aichikikai, this company is the same that designed the faulty gearboxes of the nissan gtr.
    i bet they charge their designs very cheap lol.
    best of luck with your new engine Anonymus.

Last edited by gonzagnr; 08-09-2015 at 11:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Out of the tons they made, only a few engines do this and you say it's only a matter of milleage? Please stop bashing the car as I am sure there are many more of them NOT DOING the knock, a lot more are fine than those few that does have a problem.

YOu make it sound like all of these engines will eventually develop this problem and it's misleading for anyone reading this forum. This is not only Nissan problem also, many other make have this problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    i think is not a matter of time for one of those engines to start knocking again, is a matter of milleage i guess (and luck), because as i said before a guy in us with a versa the stock engine started knocking around 25k miles, and the new one at 15k miles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Out of the tons they made, only a few engines do this and you say it's only a matter of milleage? Please stop bashing the car as I am sure there are many more of them NOT DOING the knock, a lot more are fine than those few that does have a problem.

YOu make it sound like all of these engines will eventually develop this problem and it's misleading for anyone reading this forum. This is not only Nissan problem also, many other make have this problem too.
    I invite you to join a chat group many hr16de owners of southamerica we have on whatsapp and see if there are only a few engines, chat is in spanish but you can use some translator.
    currently only users that does not have the knock are from chile.
    also we have another user from mexico which engine started knokcing at 30k km, but was not knocking since brand new.
    also soon i will be sharing on my website a video showing brand new cars sitting on the dealership waiting for being sold knocking, ALL of them.
    so maybe as i said before they are sending almost all the faulty ones to south america and only a few to north america, my lawer thinks south american dealers are buying the faulty ones to a lower price from factory, i think the same.
    also in many countries of south america dealers are saying the knock is NORMAL, lol, you can check this on the chat we have on whatsapp, so please if you are interested send me your number via pm so i can tell admin to add you.
    also on south american car problem websites you can see people reporting the knock since early 2012 and dealers saying is normal, so nissan did nothing to solve this, 3 years have passed, all this information will be available on my website but if any user of this forum is anxious i can send this info via pm.
    here the march is 20.000 dollars new, a brand new car with a replaced engine looses around 50% of its value, so is not a big deal to loose 10k dollars because of nissan wants to sell faulty cars since brand new, so going into a trial is way cheaper.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 08-11-2015 at 02:16 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    sorry to hear thats happening, gonza. it starting to seem like latin america got...a very different engine quality than us north americans. wouldn't be the first time, i guess.

Thanks
    Still waiting for the new engine to arrive gonz.. Soon I hope. Maybe tomorrow it will arrive. I wonder how long the installation will take. I guess we will see..

If the next engine knocks, then they can replace that too. Its all under warranty at this point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    sorry to hear thats happening, gonza. it starting to seem like latin america got...a very different engine quality than us north americans. wouldn't be the first time, i guess.
    you are right!!!!!
    and what you are saying is what i am going to try to prove on my website.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Still waiting for the new engine to arrive gonz.. Soon I hope. Maybe tomorrow it will arrive. I wonder how long the installation will take. I guess we will see..

If the next engine knocks, then they can replace that too. Its all under warranty at this point.
    i remember that engine replacement on rob's car took around 5-7 days i think, so probably will take something similar.
    in my opinion if next engine knocks, you have to push for your money back, because come on, you bought a new car and you are having more problems than if you have bough an used one.
    Maybe in Canada having the engine replaced is not a big deal, but here is really a pain in the arse, not only car looses 50% of its ridicously high value, a lot of paperwork must be done.
    also, at least in my opinion, when you buy a new car you do that hoping you wont have too much trouble at least for 3-5 years if car taken care properly and even more if you keep milleage below lets say 40-60k miles.
    for the price i bought the march, if i have wanted to make as many repairs and modifications to the car with that amount of money i would have purchased a second hand bmw and customized it on a workshop of my trust, do you see my point???.
    in any case, please keep us updated and if posible after the engine is replaced and hopefully everything goes fine, please upload the report they will give you as rob did.
    did they told you if the new engine is full new engine (long block) or only short block?? i really hope is long block.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 08-11-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    Hey Anonymous mine took a little over 3 weeks too be completed. Hopefully your stealership can get it replaced in a more timely fashion for ya! As for the replacement knocking ive put about 6000k on this new engine and haven't really had any bad symptoms or sounds so far.. Ive thought i may have heard it a few times trying too start knocking but it never gets too the point where its clearly audible. Im just worried when i get up around 15000-20000k the same part will wear over time and the symptoms will start to reappear. Only time will tell i guess.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    Hey Anonymous mine took a little over 3 weeks too be completed. Hopefully your stealership can get it replaced in a more timely fashion for ya! As for the replacement knocking ive put about 6000k on this new engine and haven't really had any bad symptoms or sounds so far.. Ive thought i may have heard it a few times trying too start knocking but it never gets too the point where its clearly audible. Im just worried when i get up around 15000-20000k the same part will wear over time and the symptoms will start to reappear. Only time will tell i guess.
    rob glad to hear your new engine still going good, at least for now.
    also you are doing right thing checking frecuentrly if the knock appears or not.
    on my personal experience checking a lot of cars fron different models (march, versa, tiida and note) i can tell you that some cars knock louder than others.
    also i can guarantee all of you that there are way more faulty cars that people is aware, for example, my mother is unable to hear the knock, he told me today, i dont listen anything wrong with your car, rides very nice looooool
    my sister is also unable to listen it.
    of course my father hears the knock.
    so that plus some cars knock less than others plus the micra there uses 8 injectors instead of 4 makes a perfect combo that makes this issue hard to detect for most people.

Thanks
    Are all the knocking motors hooked to an automatic tranny or are there some on manuals?

Thanks
    Mine is manual.
    the problem is the engine, you can find knocking engines with any transmision