Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    here i am sharing another experience of a buyer, in this case a versa.
    engine replaced with 6k miles, problem is allways cylinder 2
    you can see that was a versa 2013, we are in 2015 and engines at least in south american and being sold faulty, what a great deal i bet they are making, excelent profit for shure.
    there is a guy from peru on another forum with a 2011 early march model with the knock also, out of warranty right now, so i doubt they will fix the problem.
    http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...pics/2904065/1

soon i will also be uploading a video using my scanner and performing cylinder disconect test showing that when cylinder 2 is disconected, knock is almost gone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    What? I must have missed that part.
    Unrelated to all this. I had a close encounter with the furred kind and needless to say, the ac condensor coil put Rocky the Racoon in his place.

We need a nissan PR person for this. Micras are affected, Versa base models are affected, and it seems like a few countries that are having the issue.

It would be nice to handle this issue away from the media and keep it between owner and company but all its going to take is for one of these to go on say the 401, or the transcanada and - boom. Lawsuit.

Considering I think I was chrysler that just had to buy back a ton of trucks and jeeps because of known defects, Nissan should not follow the same path. You got an issue, face it with honor, deal with it and carry on. Right now Its starting to feel like its getting swept under a rug.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Unrelated to all this. I had a close encounter with the furred kind and needless to say, the ac condensor coil put Rocky the Racoon in his place.

We need a nissan PR person for this. Micras are affected, Versa base models are affected, and it seems like a few countries that are having the issue.

It would be nice to handle this issue away from the media and keep it between owner and company but all its going to take is for one of these to go on say the 401, or the transcanada and - boom. Lawsuit.

Considering I think I was chrysler that just had to buy back a ton of trucks and jeeps because of known defects, Nissan should not follow the same path. You got an issue, face it with honor, deal with it and carry on. Right now Its starting to feel like its getting swept under a rug.
    here march, versa second gen, versa first gen (is still sold here, some years ago with the faulty 1.8 mr18 now the hr16de is fitted on the car, they replaced sever piston slap with rod knock lol), and versa note are all defective, equipped with hr16de.
    i am collecting all the info i found because i am trying to see with my lawyer if we can get my money back, problem is this country has almost 0 laws about customer care, so is not an easy job.
    if that is not posible, i am also working on a website were i will upload all videos, all info i have and start sharing it on facebook, auto sales websites, etc etc to make all possible people aware of this problem.
    also since local dealer did not give me any paper or reckon of this problems, will be going there next week for service and request an explanation on paper and posible fix for this, all on paper, so i can also share that here and upload to website.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 07-29-2015 at 01:46 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    No no Im not looking to start a lawsuit.

Most of us bought our nissans because we like them. And we would like to continue liking them. But some have issues. And we'd like them to be fixed so we can avoid a potential PR disaster, legal issues etc.

In the case of Chrysler/Fiat, they didn't have a choice in the deal really. The government forced them to do it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ever/30739011/

I think that this may be the end of that brand, and dont want to see the same thing happen to nissan while they are growing.

But if you think about the micras, versas that have sold worldwide, it could be disasterous for nissan. (And we know they are watching because of the center console recall)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Ok.. Its a little noisy until the engine fan stops spinning (Its obviously fully warmed up and at tempurature). Best with headphones on, but turn your volume down, its a little noisy.

As usual Anon can still deliver. (Old internet joke)

Well its hard to say it doesnt exist now. Thx for the clear video. Now we know what to listen for and thru what rev range. sorry your having problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Just helps to bolster my position. I work in a transport/maintenance area. It can be extremely noisy, and if you work in the environment it can be hard to tell what it is the customer is talking about and referring to. And of course- the rule of maintenance. The car wont make the noise when the mechanic is present.

Its hard to hear it as well when your on top of the engine with the hood open. We have a large amount of injectors (8 IIRC) that tick away, plus valves etc. But if this problem is indeed the rod, then near the oil pan is where your going to hear it. Your not going to sit in the car while its on a hoist revving it, so a little camera can come in handy.

Video is private in youtube. No one else but us can see it so far..
    Last edited by Howie; 07-30-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks
    Wish me luck. I'm here at the dealer to get the knock inspected again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Finally! A tech at Nissan has confirmed the noise and is contacting Nissan tech line to see how they want to replace the engine. He says Nissan's way of verifying the engine is to remove it and take measurements, he doesn't agree with it considering its obvious, but I also see nissans point. The data collected proves the engine is busted. So we will see what happens.

The main thing is that the engine noise has been noted by a tech at Nissan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Hooray!

Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18