Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    i am in contact with the chief of a very important car magazine there and i am sending him all the info i have about the knock, he will release an article about the problem because a lot of readers are complaining about this problem, he wants to put presure on nissan that way.
    If the article gets written, it would be nice if you could scan it. What magazine is it?

Thanks,

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    is an online site, very well known in mexico, the chief has almost 40 years as a car reporter you can google it, "alvolante"
    is in spanish, but you can translate it easily with google translator.
    i will let you know when all the info is ready.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    is an online site, very well known in mexico, the chief has almost 40 years as a car reporter you can google it, "alvolante"
    is in spanish, but you can translate it easily with google translator.
    i will let you know when all the info is ready.
    No se preocupe, entiendo mas que hablo.
    I will look it up. If the article does come up, if you can share the link, others probably would be interested as well.
    Thanks, y cuidate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    No se preocupe, entiendo mas que hablo.
    I will look it up. If the article does come up, if you can share the link, others probably would be interested as well.
    Thanks, y cuidate.
    Nice to hear you can understand espaņol.
    i will post the link of course, as soon as is finished.
    here on local ebay there are startig to appear micras and versas with 10k km or less for sale, i bet i know the reasson for that loool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    versa 2015 also knocking here.
    the problem is still happening on 2015 cars, so not solved
    so apprently there is still a lot of faulty engines waiting for being sold to their naive buyers.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 03-18-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    Round #2!

Going back to the dealership on Wednesday for the micra knock again..

I called nissan canada about it. Reference # 3879549.

They have been linked to this thread, so time to bring the attention up. If your knockin, time to start complaining as nissan is listening.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Was it getting worse, or just bugging you more? How many kms on your car now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    today i am sharing an image that a buyer took on the dealership in mexico df of an internal document between the dealer and the factory in aguascalientes.
    the quality is not good because this technical tip was not suposed to be public, so picture was taken in secret.
    you can zoom image and read, also says the solution, i am going to translate for you important things.

CAUSE OF THE KNOCK: assembly between rod bearings and cranckshat is defective, also the under part of the rod is faulty so is affecting oil lubrication bewteen cranck and bearing so that part is metal on metal, making the knocking noise.

the fix they propose there is to replace 4 pistons, rings, cranck and 4 rod and bearings, and says it can affect ALL hr16de cars.

Also says they will repair only hr16de engines under warranty, so if they sold you a defective car in the past with this problem but you did not hear the knock and your engine blows like 1 i saw with a thrown rod, block complete destroyed with 30k km, they wont repair your car.

At present here in south america they are still selling all faulty cars, you can check on auto sales website and see cars with 1000km or less being sold looooooool, because nobody wants a brand new cars that requiere more repairs than a 10 year old 200k km car.

i have mine for sale, hope i can sell it soon, it has 10k km and knocking bad.

this is a very strange and unpredictable problem, because as i said before, a guy in the us told me that his car started making the knock at 30k miles, got engine replaced, and new one started knocking again at 15k miles, so he sold the car.
    here all engines are knocking since brand new, i am on a forum with a lot of people from south america, and only country that is getting all good working engines is chile, there are cars used for street racing with 80k km and sound very strong, but in colombia, argentina, ecuador, mexico there are a lot of even 2015 cars knocking with 5k km.

hope you find this information usefull.
    Name:  foto tip completa.jpg
Views: 17906
Size:  70.7 KB
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 10-04-2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: `

Thanks
    ^ This is the win. Thank you gonzagnr.

Its not getting any worse, but its also not improving (obviously). Its just more irritating now that the AC is pooched. So now I have the windows open and its certainly more audible.

But now we have some paper showing that theres a problem. I dont mind if theres a problem. Make a million engines, your bound to have a dud or too. I just want it fixed. Or bought back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    more irritating now that the AC is pooched
    What? I must have missed that part.

---

Thanks for the additional info, gonzagnr.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...