Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Mwahahaha... turns out those service surveys you fill out in your email afterwords do go up. My local nissan dealer just called, trying to resolve the issue (good on them).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes - from what I've read, those post-service/post-sales surveys are BIG DEAL at the dealer level. Which means there must be bonuses/penalties tied to them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That is great to hear. Good on Nissan for taking care of their customers.

Thanks
    Nissan is, however my local dealer isn't. Maybe if they loose their bonus for a month they might clue in. Who knows? My nissan still sounds like a diesel but the way I see it, drive er till she blows then do the whole "told ya so" thing. I don't like it at all because of the safety, but if I report it and it falls on deaf ears (no pun intended), it's not my problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thats exactly how the ball got rolling for me.. Well kind of.. My service manager contacted me after i left a nasty review about stadium nissan but when i brought the car back in they kept insisting nothing was wrong with the vehicle. So i pushed and pushed and pushed until they let me physically work together with the techs too duplicate the noise for everyone.. Then they really had no way out of not replacing the thing. If you dont mind listening to that dreadful knocking for the next however many km's then by all means just drive er till she dies. I for one could not stand that so something HAD too be done in my case. Hopefully it doesnt lead to anything else and she holds together for ya!

Thanks
    Well, In weird way Im hoping that when the rod breaks it does so in some horribly spectacular fashion so that it makes a few headlines somewhere to really get nissan's attention. The micra is an entry level car. If you want to get customers coming back for more nissans, thier first better be good. And for most it is, but what matters is how you treat the customer after the sale.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Johnskers (11-21-2014)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robm6981 View Post
    Thats exactly how the ball got rolling for me.. Well kind of.. My service manager contacted me after i left a nasty review about stadium nissan but when i brought the car back in they kept insisting nothing was wrong with the vehicle. So i pushed and pushed and pushed until they let me physically work together with the techs too duplicate the noise for everyone.. Then they really had no way out of not replacing the thing. If you dont mind listening to that dreadful knocking for the next however many km's then by all means just drive er till she dies. I for one could not stand that so something HAD too be done in my case. Hopefully it doesnt lead to anything else and she holds together for ya!
    I know is isn't the right thread for it, but I'm in Calgary also and researching which of the 5 dealerships to purchase from. I don't care too much about the sales process, but the service department is where I will be visiting for the life of the vehicle so that is what i'm mainly concerned with. I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend Stadium Nissan?

Thanks
    You know what, when it comes to problems, I think they're all the same. Don't get me wrong; Midway Nissan was awesome by providing me with a free rental car indefinitely until my Micra arrived to get my business, but now when it comes to issues, they just don't take ownership. Like when I told them about the speed being off by 5km/h, and they tested my car against another Micra, or how they bounced me to an unrelated department at Nissan Canada when I raised issues with the head unit. To his credit, Richard at Nissan was sympathetic, provided some direction on the head unit issue (it's either made by Clarion, Panasonic, or Bosch), and said he would look into and get back to me on the speedometer issue.

My advice would be to buy from whatever dealership is the most convenient for you to get to, in case you need warranty work or if there's a recall. Dealerships really can't dodge those things.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    I know is isn't the right thread for it, but I'm in Calgary also and researching which of the 5 dealerships to purchase from. I don't care too much about the sales process, but the service department is where I will be visiting for the life of the vehicle so that is what i'm mainly concerned with. I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend Stadium Nissan?
    I would actually recommend going to Stadium Nissan. Trevor the Service Manager and Brett the Service coordinator got everything figured out and fixed for me too 100% satisfaction, these guys definitely have good customer care if anything goes wrong. I wouldn't go to any other Nissan dealership in Calgary with my car tbh. Royal Oak has good reviews but ive heard some bad things from some of their customers. Goodluck Ducky!

Thanks
    It may be an entry level for the basic model but I paid 18,800$ for my SR so I would not exactly call it cheap. It's got to be a good car since all trims are build the same way, they must all be good because the fully equiped SR is not that cheap in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Well, In weird way Im hoping that when the rod breaks it does so in some horribly spectacular fashion so that it makes a few headlines somewhere to really get nissan's attention. The micra is an entry level car. If you want to get customers coming back for more nissans, thier first better be good. And for most it is, but what matters is how you treat the customer after the sale.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...