Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Guys.. dont worry so much about ripping the steering column apart.. its on your CMVSS dataplate on the kickpanel...

April 14 by the looks of it.. Im going to go through and we can list it out. Make this into some kind of post that can be printed and presented to dealers/mechanics.
    April 2014. Mine is the same, but no engine issues yet. I found a more specific date when I removed the plastic cover from my back hatch for rust-proofing:
    Name:  WP_20141102_003.jpg
Views: 1610
Size:  92.4 KB

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Guys.. dont worry so much about ripping the steering column apart.. its on your CMVSS dataplate on the kickpanel...

Dumb question: where did you find that plate? (There is nothing on or behind the kick plate on my car)

Thanks bro.

EDIT: I'm at 16K, no problems yet, but kinda concerned lol!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Alpha - I wonder if that's the hatch part build date, rather than the whole car. "Quaretaro" is a few hundred km from Aquascalientes, where Nissan's assembly plant is located. Maybe a supplier is located there?

EDIT: yup ... http://www.iacgroup.com/locations/northamerica

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Dumb question: where did you find that plate? (There is nothing on or behind the kick plate on my car)

Thanks bro.

EDIT: I'm at 16K, no problems yet, but kinda concerned lol!
    Driver's side door, above the rocker, bottom of the center pillar.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Mine's been dropped into the shop tonight ladies and gentlemen. Ill let you know what they say.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mine's been dropped into the shop tonight ladies and gentlemen. Ill let you know what they say.
    Best of luck anonymus!!!!
    Remember to show the dealer Robs video, is by far the best regarding audio quality.
    Also the report saying where the problem is, and that the engine has been entirely replaced
    My car does not have that dataplate on the door or on the center pilllar, on that pillar has recomendation for tire pressure, etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    Best of luck anonymus!!!!
    Remember to show the dealer Robs video, is by far the best regarding audio quality.
    Also the report saying where the problem is, and that the engine has been entirely replaced
    My car does not have that dataplate on the door or on the center pilllar, on that pillar has recomendation for tire pressure, etc.
    I'm fairly certain it's a legal requirement for car manufacturers to have this label:

Name:  WP_20141113_002.jpg
Views: 1895
Size:  22.0 KB

Thanks
    Hope all goes well Anonymous! Got a weird feeling they're gonna give you the "We cant duplicate the sound" excuse so just keep pushing if they do! The only reason i really got anything done was because i was so aggresive about it with them and went back into the shop and just duplicated the sound myself for all the Techs/Mechanics.

Thanks
    Oh my that's scary. I surely hope I will not have this issue but glad I am renting it so if there is such problem within 5 years I might just return the car at the end of the contract and buy something else, something not Nissan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yup. Tomorrow at work, Im going to print off the thread if I can figure out how and then fax it to them if theres any issues.

As for the data plate.. That particular one and locations is a CMVSS plate.. Canada only.. Euro ones are similar.. But I think they are in a different location.. In canada they are placed there because in an accident that particular part of the car survives with minimal damage. Even in a side impact. (still gets damaged but not nearly as bad as some places.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...