Thread: Toronto Star Wheels Micra review: what on earth is a $10k car like? (Jim Kenzie)

Thanks

Toronto Star Wheels Micra review: what on earth is a $10k car like? (Jim Kenzie)

Another Wheels Micra review! How many are we up to now?

Name:  IMG338.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  43.7 KB

This one is from Jim Kenzie, the publication's chief auto reviewer, who has been writing for them for a looong time. He finally got his hands on a Micra (top spec SR manual)...

- even the base car has an amazing level of features/equipment compared to entry level cars of not too long ago
    - reasonably roomy inside (for four, not five)
    - decent ride & handling
    - "perky" cheap & cheerful styling
    - easy to drive in the city (turning circle, manual transmission)
    - the base $10k model is undeniably the best car you buy anywhere near that price

Dislikes

- most popular options (automatic & air) require expensive jump up to middle trim model
    - dour all-black interior
    - 4-speed automatic lags competition

Overall

"A pretty decent little car" in any trim. "A pleasant surprise."

This one hasn't made it onto their web site yet. If/when I see it, I'll post a link to the full review.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Not entirely true as expected from media... I have an S with auto and air.. Thats still bottom trim level.

But, it is an expensive jump...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Oops - that "middle trim" comment was my own mistake summarizing Kenzie's review.

Yes! You can get the S with auto and air. SV (middle trim) jump not required.

And yes, AC & auto come bundled (with other stuff) and the total cost of the bundle is $3,300 more than the base S.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...